Chapter 12:

Chapter 12:

“Where are we even going?” I asked, kicking the crunchy leaves beneath my feet. Jack just kept me walking in front of him, and he has just randomly told me to go on a walk with him. I don’t know where, or even why.

Jack finally replied after a few minutes of silently walking. “The killer mansion. You are going to try to find BEN again,” Jack said. I stopped walking, my jaw dropping at the fact that he is wanting me to go contact BEN once again.

There is no way in hell I’m doing that again. Jack turned to me, then asked, “Why must you stop walking?”

“Because I am not going in there again! You saw what happened to me last time, I was out for a whole 2 weeks! And besides, you didn’t keep your end of the deal of immortality,” I said, crossing my arms. Jack stomped towards me, and then just looked down at me.

“It isn’t easy getting immortality for someone who doesn’t kill,” Jack muttered bitterly.

“Are you suggesting that I kill people then?” I asked, but I knew I could never kill someone. To end a life is an awful thing to do, and I could never forgive myself for it.

“I’m suggesting you give us a good reason to make you immortal,” Jack responded.

I stayed quiet for a moment, just glaring into Jack’s “eyes”. Clearing my throat, I decided to ask, “So me helping you assholes find another asshole isn’t helping enough?”

Jack took a step closer now, forcing me to step back. “Watch your words, Xayla,” Jack warned. This wasn’t the first time Jack warned me about my words. I think what I said was perfectly fitting. These killers are assholes and I’m helping them find another asshole.

What’s so wrong about that?

“And no, that isn’t good enough,” Jack added, grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me towards our destination. With a defiant groan, I followed, not wanting to go in there again. Jack could see my unease, so he decided to say, “There is no need for you to get anxious, no one is the mansion at the current time other than the proxies.”

Slenderman’s proxies weren’t really a threat until Slenderman ordered them after you. “That’s not what I’m worried about,” I muttered, yanking my arm away since I can walk on my own. Jack looked over to me, slowing down his walking pace.

“I won’t let BEN do that again. I just need you to find his virus’s main source so that we know where he is,” Jack said quietly.

I kept quiet, digging my hands into my pockets. “You can’t guarantee my safety, don’t even try lying, Jack. I’m not stupid,” I growled, glaring at him as I continued to walk.

“I wasn’t calling you stupid, Xayla. It’s not my choice of whether or not you have to work for us or not, it’s the Slenderman’s word-” he tried saying but then someone ran right into us, knocking us over. That knocked the wind out of me, and it sure did scare the hell out of me.

Jack moved quickly and pinned the person who ran into us onto the ground, his blade at the neck. The man that was pinned had these orange, circular glasses with this thing over his mouth. He had raggedy brown hair rather similar to Jack.

The man seemed to be rather out of breath, and he was twitching rather creepily. Jack growled, “Watch where you are going, Ticci Toby. Now go run off.” Ticci Toby? I assume that he was another creepy pasta with how Jack casually warned him.

“Actually, my friend, I was out to find you and-” he stopped when he looked at me, and Jack decided to stand up next to me. Ticci Toby stood up as well, not continuing to finish his sentence until he looked me over. “And this beautiful young lady here, what is your name?” Toby finished, taking a step toward me.