Chapter 15

(E.j's pov.)
Alex woke up, she had a cast on her arm and was bandaged up. Jeff had his nose shattered, so we did our best to fix it, we cleaned up his stab wound from Jane and he had it bandaged. I've been giving Callie pain medicine, and since she's a kitten she will heal faster.
I got up out of my bed and went down the stairs, Jeff and Alex were arguing, I shook my head and Jeff slapped Alex. I ran over there and pulled Jeff away. "E.j stop, I'll take care of this." Alex said, "You sure?.." I asked, She nodded and I said "If you say so.. But no physical harm." I let go of Jeff and I walked away, hearing them yell again. I went to my room and just decided to forget about it.

(Alex's pov.)
E.j walked away and Jeff started yelling again. "It's your fault, you should control your pets." "No, you should control yourself. Don't try to fucking rape me you sick minded pervert." I sneered, he slapped me again and I said "Jeff, why'd you bring me to the mansion?" He was silent, "Because I was abused at home and bullied at school right?"he nodded and I continued "Then why are you hurting me? No point in coming here just to be hurt, it was already happening at home and school." He was silent. I glared at him and went to my room. I grabbed my bag and started packing my stuff, "What are you doing?" Jeff asked, I turned around. He was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. "I'm not living here anymore. Your hurting me. So I might as well leave, it's not like I'm important to you anyways." I said, I went back to packing and he scoffed "You won't leave, you can't. You can't survive without a home." "Been doing it my whole life." I said with ice in my voice. He was silent and he said "What do you mean?" "I've never had a place to call home." I said. "No place has ever treated me like their own. I've never had a home." I continued. It was silent and I looked over at the doorway, he was gone. I rolled my eyes and then realized I don't need my stuff. I grabbed a pen and paper, wrote down a note and headed out the mansion doors with it. I walked around the forest, I haven't explored this part. I came to an edge, it was a cliff. I closed my eyes and breathed. "All angels can fly." I said, I stood at the edge of the cliff and looked down. It's finally it. I made it. The moment I've dreamed of. I breathed and stepped over the edge.

(E.j's pov.)
I went downstairs and Jeff was watching tv. "Where's Alex?" I asked, "Last time I checked she was 'moving out' " he said with boredom in his voice. "Jeff?! Do you not realize what she could be doing right now?!? She could be fucking hanging from a tree for all I know!!" I yelled. He froze, "FUCK!" He screamed, he ran out the mansion doors and I was right behind him, we searched the forest first. She couldn't have gone that far right?..  We ran for hours, taking a small break then searching again. I came to a ledge at the edge of the forest. I went to the edge and stepped on something, I looked down. It was a paper, I picked it up and read it; "I'm sorry.. I couldn't take it anymore. I was hurt at my own house, or prison I would call it.. And hurt at the mansion. I thought I could finally call a place home, I guess not. No help to Jeff. Whoever is reading this, tell Jeff I said thanks. I'm just a waste on this planet, no use for me. I never made a difference and I never will. So this is goodbye. Alex~" I felt something drip down my cheeks, I felt under my mask. I was crying.. "Jeff." I croaked out, "Did you find her?!" He asked, "Come here.." I said, he came running over and I handed him the note. I heard him slightly whisper it as he read it. He stopped and it was just silent. I looked over the edge of the cliff and could slightly see the outline of her body. I heard Jeff step by my side, "Can I be alone for a sec?" He asked quietly, I nodded and walked away.

(Jeff's pov.)
"Can I be alone for a sec..?" I asked quietly, E.j nodded and I sat on the edge of the cliff, I looked down, it was foggy but I could faintly see her body. "I love you Alex.. I always have.. I'm sorry.." I whispered. I felt something on my shoulder, I looked over and saw Alex. "Alex.." I whispered, tears were dripping down my cheeks. "I love you Jeff." Her mouth didn't move but I could hear her voice. "I love you too Alex.."

The end~