Prologue: "Gerard Iero."

Ice cream is cold, so cold it lives in a freezer and though it manages to heat up his heart. Evil thoughts that run through Frank's mind are diluted by the impact the sweet sensation has on his tongue. And when it slowly melts and runs down his fingers the sticky mess does nothing, but make him smile, even when he has been sitting alone for a while, years.

Ice cream alone, tastes best in a cone, lying in bed and day dreaming in his head.

That's how Frank had dealt with his problems, before he realized that eating up his emotions wasn't good for him.

And then he had to start taking medication that made him gain weight, too.

And then after that, Frank had decided for himself:

No more food, ever.

Well, nothing unhealthy at least.

He still ate, just healthier and more carefully, but something he loved so much, ice cream, he had decided to ban from his life.

Sometimes he would see people eating ice cream or walk by a café and he'd start craving it, but he always urged himself to walk by.

He didn't want to be like that again.

He didn't want to hear rude and mean comments about his appearance again.

And he didn't want to see himself in the mirror like that again.

One day though, something changed in Frank's mind, something that made him wake up with a huge crave for ice cream, so bad–it had never happened to him before.

Frank tried to distract by eating something else, playing his guitar, cleaning up–but nothing helped.

And Frank needed to get away from that feeling.

He was so scared that one scoop of ice cream could lead to him having tons in his freezer again and he didn't want that.

And since that feeling was in his mind, he couldn't really escape from it, but he decided that maybe driving somewhere would distract, just somewhere and how should he have known it would make things worse.

Frank wasn't really the smartest with his decision as he decided to drive through a old town he had never been to before and after hours the urge for ice cream still hadn't left and then–

there it was.

First Frank had driven by, swallowing hard as the image of the giant ice cream cone infront of the café stuck in his mind and then without thinking about it,
Frank turned and parked his car.

He stared at the big, colorful sign 'Bella Italia ice cream', gripping the steering wheel tightly and his mouth slowly watering.

"Fuck!" Frank hissed in frustration, quickly unbuckling himself and he had the huge urge to punch himself as he quickly got out of his car.

He knew he probably seemed like a maniac as he walked towards the café, cursing himself out loudly and making wild furious hand gestures as he argued with himself in his mind.

And then he was so close, there was no turning back and something in his mind kept saying 'just one tiny scoop, it won't hurt' and with the water running in Frank's mouth he couldn't possibly stop himself.

He went inside, his eyes glued to the window with all the different flavors and his hands were shaking in fear and he felt like crying.

He didn't want this, but he did.

"Hello, how can I help you, sir?"

Frank snapped his head up, eyes wide as he was faced by the most beautiful person he had ever seen and that made him start shaking even more.