Chapter 8

It's been a couple of weeks since I last seen Ricky, I heard though the grapevine that he was in Rehab or something of that nature. I'm just happy that he's going to get help, it's good for the family and everything. David's been around helping out with Christina when I need him to, he's really been there for me and I appreciate him he's a really good friend, but I think he thinks we have a little bit more than what I want. I just want to be friends, I still love Ricky and call me stupid but when he gets out Im going back to him. He's the father of my daughter and the love of my life, I mean we've been through some serious struggles and we have a strong relationship, and it can't end like this.

Christina was downstairs playing with David while I was getting ready to go to work, when I came downstairs I grabbed Christina and gave her lunch money for school then I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her to be good, I didn't need no more calls about her back talking.

"You understand don't give nobody a attitude today!" I said grabbing her attention for the few seconds I had it.

"Ye...I mean Yes mama." she said smiling at me, I gave her one last hug before it was David's turn. He walked up and went in for a kiss. I backed away shaking my finger at him and laughing he pouted. I gave him a hug and told him I'd seen him when I got off work.

"Now take care of my baby!" I said walking out the door, I walked toward the car and right when I put the key in the door to open it. I felt someone's cold touch on my shoulder, I whipped my head around the last touch I felt like that it was Quincy. I thanked the Lord that it was only...Rickky?? What the heck was he doing here! "What are you doing here?" I said still surprised.

"Don't worry about all that, that Rehab life aint for me I need my family." I looked at him he was tore up from the floor up, I shook my head at the sight of him. Empty promise! I was mad now.

"What.No! You need help , we can't be a family if you acting like this !! Ricky you either go back to rehab or else im getting a divorce!" I said.

"You aint getting a divorce we can work this out ! Together" He said grabbing my hand I pulled my hand away from him.

"Im serious !" I said looking him dead in the eye.

"You know what fine! Im out! I don't need y'all im going back to the game Hollack back!" He said turning to walk away like he wanted me to stop him, but I wasn't doing that anymore ! He is grown and he just made the biggest decision of his life Family or the Game and he chose the game. I got in the car and drove to work, the funny thing is when I got to work I couldn't get out of the car. I started crying my heart out, and started screaming. Why would he do this to me? I'd step infront of a moving bullet for him, and he could just drop me. Not only me but his child ! He was my first everything, and now he's gone. At least now I know that the years I spent slaving over a stove, worrying about him, and my child, cleaning. Doing the most, and in a matter of seconds he could just walk away from everything we've been through! My heart was starting to hurt, I loved him with everything in my body and he just left me like some trash on the street! He's gone ! Out of my life, out of my daughters life, and our unborn child.....