Chapter 10

I'd woke up to David shaking my shoulder to wake up. I forgot today was the day I had to go talk to the lawyer. I'd gotten dressed and David had to go to work today so he couldn't watch Christina so I got her ready and took her with me. When we got there it was a huge building with black windows all around the building. Christina ran inside I called her name, causing her to run into a man. I went and grabbed her hand. He got down on one knee and looked her in her eye, she must have gotten scared because she hid behind my legs. He stood back up at looked at me straight in my eyes, he had some deep light brown eyes.

"She your sister?" He said finally saying something.

"No this is my daughter." I said smiling and picking her up. "Say hi Christina." She stayed quiet.

"Oh well she's a very pretty little girl." He said smiling. "Well I know her name but I don't know yours?"

"My names Angel." I said, his eyes widened.

"Oh your my new client! Let's go up to my office and talk for a little while." He said walking toward the elevator. When we got to his office I sat Christina next to me and handed her a coloring book from my purse. "So Youre getting divorced?" He said grabbing a folder and going through some paper. I shook my head yes. "Is there anything you want to tell me that you think i'd need to know?"

"Well...im pregnant." I said looking down at Christina still busy in her coloring book. He picked his head up quick from the folder.

"Mhm. Well do you want the father to know?" He asked.

"I don't know, im working on telling him." I said. We sat there for the rest of the day going over a lot of details, and things of that nature. Christina started to whine that she was hungry, and shed already at all the snacks in my purse.

"Here let me take you guys out to dinner. I think we've done enough business today." He said grabbing his coat off of the back of his chair. I helped Christina out of her chair, and followed behind him out to the elevator.

"Hey I never caught your name." I said.

"I didn't throw it, my name is Michael." He said smiling.  When we got to the parking lot, I put Christina in the carseat, and followed him to a restaurant.