• Prequel •

Dan wrung his hands nervously as he sat next to Arin on their Grump couch. He said he wanted to talk to Arin, Arin waited patiently for Dan to talk.

"I got a record deal for Ninja Sex Party."

Arin's eyes lit up and he gasped. "No way dude! When are you going to start recording!"

Dan continue to look nervous and wouldn't meet Arin's eyes. "I already have things recorded, but they said NSP would be more popular in Japan. They want me and Brian to move there."

Arin didn't fully comprehend what Dan said. "What? But you would be popular here! You are popular here!"

Dan smiled sadly. "They said I'd be a sensation over there, especially since I'm foreign."

Arin stood up and flung his hands up, barely able to take the ridiculousness coming from Dan's mouth. "But that's not even in the country!"

"Arin-"

"What about Game Grumps?"

"Arin-"

"What about starbomb?"

"Arin-"

"What about your life?"

"Arin," Dan's voice was filled with an unusual anger, which startled Arin and immediately made him shut up. "Me and Brian already took the offer."

"What?"

Dan took a deep breath. "This is my dream, Arin, you have to understand."

"But it's Japan. That's so far away."

Dan's phone rang. He gave a quick glance at Arin before answering. He said a few words before hanging up. He gave Arin a sad look. "I have to go and start packing, the plane leaves tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? And you just told me now? What will I tell the lovelies?"

"I'm sorry." Dan's voice breaks and Arin can't help the tears come to his eyes.

"No, I'm sorry. This is your dream. I should be supporting you."

Dan met Arin's eyes with his own tear filled ones and wears a sad smile. "See you later Arin, and thank you for... everything."

"Bye Dan."

Dan gives a final wave to Arin before quickly slipping out of the recording room. Arin collapses on the couch in a heap of tears as soon as the door shuts again.

[a/n]
daily updates coming soon