end

trigger warning

Ross arrived at the office before anyone else had.

He hummed a horrible tune cheerfully as he walked around the silence, his shoulder bag swinging with each step.

He took a stop at his desk, pressing the on button on his computer and putting some things from his bag on his desk. He continued to walk around the office, waiting for his computer.

He pushed open the door to the recording room, going to set up for later today. His eyes widened and he gagged at the sight before him. His bag fell to the ground, spilling its contents everywhere. Ross ran out of the room and to the nearest trashcan, spilling his own contents into the trashcan.

Ross shakily pulled his phone from his pocket and typed in a number, feeling like in a dreamlike state.

"Hey babe!" Barry answered the phone and Ross let out a breath of relief. He picked up.

"Barry, something is wrong."

"What?" Barry's voice was immediately laced with concern.

"Please come to the office." Ross couldn't hide the shake in his voice.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second." Barry hung up and Ross felt very alone.

He crept slowly so he could see a sliver of the room in the open door. Ross felt sick again and leaned against the wall next to the door, sinking down to the floor. He held his knees right to his chest and tried to fight the tears from appearing.

He didn't want to believe the sight, but he had to, it was right there.

The office door opened and Barry burst inside, glancing around and quickly finding Ross. He hurried over and kneeled in front of him. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Ross pointed a finger to the door. "Arin."

Barry slowly stood up and took careful steps to the door. He pushed it all the way open and it revealed the sight of Arin with a noose around his neck, hanging.

Barry gasped, barely able to believe what was the sight before him. "What?" He breathed out, he took slow steps in the room and to the body. Ross tip-toed in after him and slipped in his hand in Barry's.

They stood there, frozen and not knowing what to do.

They heard the office door open and two voices filling the air. They both still did not move.

"Barry! Ross!" Danny made himself present in the doorway of the recording room. They didn't move to say hello to their returned friend. Dan's cheerful mood quickly disappeared.

Suzy appeared standing next to Dan with a wide smile, it too disappearing. "Arin..?" Her voice was small.

Dan took little steps towards Arin. His eyes reflected horror and pain. He spotted a pile of notes on the ground and picked up the one on the top. He shakily folded it open and was barely able to read it with the water in his eyes. "Dear Dan," He croaked out.

Barry let out a sob and threw his face into the crook of Ross's neck. Ross rubbed his back and led him out of the room, letting his own tears escape. Suzy quickly followed. Dan read the letter.

I realize my feelings now, a little too late. But I know. Dan, I love you. I love you so much. I've loved you for a while, but was too stupid to realize until too late.

Dan didn't read past this line. He collapsed to his knees and hurriedly picked up each letter and quickly reading each one. "It's all my fault..." He muttered over and over.

He scanned the room when he read all the letters, he saw some sheets of paper next to a spilled bag and quickly scrambled over. He picked up a random one and saw it was another letter to him. He was confused until the end of the letter when it read it was from Ross. He read more.

Ross walked in when he was in the middle of the last one. "Brian just arrived." He wiped his nose with his hand and saw what Dan was reading. "What are you doing?"

"You love Barry?"

Ross's face flushed red and he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, we are actually dating now." Ross took a glance at the other side of the room. "Can we talk out there?"

Dan looked to the body of Arin and the pile of letters under him. "Arin said he loved me."

"What?" Ross was very surprised but thinks he should have seen it coming.

Dan stood up and picked up Ross's and Arin's letters. He nodded to Ross and followed him out of the room where the rest of the Grumps were sitting.

The next day came slowly and Dan called his manager. He said he wanted to stay in L.A. They then talked it out and agreed they shouldn't do Game Grumps anymore. Barry and Danny made a video explaining what had happened. They both cried.

[a/n]

this isn't the end

(hint: there's one more part)