12.)

A Club

I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna find the perfect club.

Prove every one of those bastards wrong.

And become the top student of The Academy. None of the teachers will look down on me, no one will pick on me or control me, and I'll be a man. A true man!  My plan sounds fucking amazing in all, but one area has me already wanting to give up. . .

I have no talents which most clubs require something, some type, even just a little bit and I ain't got jack-diddly-squat. So this fucking sucks so much ass right now. I mean that in the most "NO HOMO" way possible. God damn what's happening to me. . . I need to get back on track.

My grades are slipping terribly, have no idea where my Spanish tutor is, and I can't focus with Derek trying to get up my ass. I mean he's already like there as a pain. .  in my ass. .  But I mean. . . Yeah.

I fixed the tie to my uniform, giving myself a once over in the mirror before nodding with approval. I buttoned the shirt all the way up and folded my collar down, my tie was neat and perfect, my pants not sagging. . . I looked like a true student of the Academy.

Minus the good looks and talent. . .

And shining beauty. . .

Charm. . .

ANYWHORE back on track. Focus Karman focus!

With one last nod  I grabbed my card thingy and walked to my door, but the moment I opened it, there stood someone who seemed familiar, but I just couldn't remember. He was quite tall, dark haired, and wore glasses. Typical goody-goody, mama's boy, nerd. He actually would be really attractive if he took those glasses off and fixed his hair a bit and by fix I mean put his head under a damn leaf blower or continuously run his hand through it, like shit.

"Hello. . ." I asked with narrowed eyes. "Might I ask, why you're here?" Nailed it! Am I picking up a British accent?

"Ah.  . Hi. Karman right?" I continued to eye him suspiciously.

"Yeah. .  Who's asking? Because if it's about the Chemistry Accident where the classroom was almost burned down that definitely wasn't me. ." I cleared my throat and avoided eye contact.

It was me.

"Umm no. . . I came to talk to you about something else. . . And the classroom almost burned down?"

"Ah no. Anyway whatcha wanna talk about, I don't wanna be late to class so I'm sorry, but we gotta wrap this up." I closed my door and made my way past him. He only followed me.

"Karman Shay? Not wanting to be late to class? That's a first. . ." I stopped and looked at him.

"How do you know my name?"

"We have classes together." I raised an eyebrow before ignoring him and turning to walk again.

"We do have classes together. . . In fact I'm in all of them." I looked back at him from over my shoulder, giving him another all around look. We were?

"Your usually asleep. I'm the one who has to constantly wake you up."

"Nope."

"The one who always raises his hand because he always knows the answer."

"Not ringing a bell." All nerds do that.

"The guy who tripped and fell in the hallway, my books went everywhere and my glasses fell off and broke because you weren't watching where you were going. Twice actually."

"Oooh. Clumsy, whats up man! How was the trip?" I smiled and turned to face him only to come face to face with an aggravated glare. He took a step back and cleared his throat along with pushing his glasses further up his nose.

"We've also met in the hallway once before that. As to why I said twice. We ran into each other. . ." Thinking. Think Karman think.

"I don't recall."

"You must have a terrible memory then, it was recent."

"How recent?"

"Less than a week." Now that I think about it, I forgot about that one brat to.

"Sorry, I don't mean to. . I guess ever since coming to this school I've just had so much stress and other things on my mind that I completely forget the little things. I've never been like this before." He lets out a cough. I can't tell if it's fake or not, but I'm pretty sure I got a good hint once I saw the look he was giving along with it.

"Good to know I'm a little thing."

"Ah. . Sorry. I don't know you too well."

The rest of the walk to the classroom was silent. I found it quite awkward especially with the people who'd pass by us. They were all socializing whether is was a group of two or a whole clique. Then there was us. . . The awkward two walking side-by-side to our first class of the day. You could feel and almost see the awkward tension around us, hell, I certainly felt it. Why did this person even want to speak to me in the first place? What were his true intentions? And what would you get by being with me anyway. . .

"Then maybe we should get to know each other. Be friends."

I stopped in my tracks. Right in front of the doorway.

"What?"

"I can see the look you have in your gaze. I may be a four eyes, but my sight never fails me when I truly need it. The look of loneliness and longing is clear. . . And I just feel like you could really use a friend. Things must've been rough for a newby like you. . And to be alone through it all. . Must be even rougher."

...

The Academy