EPILOGUE

"Everyday. Everyday I can't wait. You take my breath away from me. Here's my heart. You got the key. Put that on eternity. I love you til' infinity. Infinity."

- It Won't Stop (RMX) by Sevyn Streeter ft. Chris Brown

**********

Epilogue: Part 1

Heat decided to change his life around after everything went down with Dylan. He decided he needed to move on from her and Vanessa, so he did just that.

He came to found out that Vanessa, his ex, was the one who actually killed their little girl, Briana. Not Mario. When he found that out it hurt his heart that she would kill their little girl over a childish and petty reason.

He found a suicide letter explaining her intentions. She was jealous of her. She thought that he gave Bri all of the attention. Heat couldn't believe it. Vanessa not only killed their daughter over jealousy, but killed herself because she was guilty.

Now, ain't that some fúcked up áss shít? Niggas can't even trust they own momma's nowadays. That is the world we live in today.

Since there were too many memories in that house, he, his son, and Sapphire, moved. He couldn't handle everything eating him away from the outside, out.

His past was gonna' haunt him and he knew he had to reap what he had sewn. The past and future was inevitable to try and beat so he wanted to make the best of his life before something happened to him.

He moved out of town - to Texas to be exact - and he was living good. He retired from the drug game and chose to run a real business. A legitimate business.

He still had some dirty money stashed away, but most of his profits were coming from the new business he ran. He was a changed man and a changed man meant a changed mind. He wasn't always out and partying like he did with Dylan and Vanessa. He didn't stay out late and hadn't touched drugs since that fateful day.

Plus, he was actually faithful to one woman. Her name was Stephanie and she had the most cutest son named Mario - ironic huh? - but she insisted for Heat to call him Rio.

Heat and his girlfriend - for four months now - Stephanie, were now eating dinner at their home and he had decided that he couldn't wait any longer. He was gonna' pop the question after they were done eating at the table. He felt as if time was flying by quickly and he wasn't getting any younger.

Most drug lords either get killed or put in the pen before they make it out of the game. He was out and he didn't wanna' regret it neither.

He wanted to have the nice house, beautiful wife, kids, a family dog, two or three cars, and the white picket-fence. Yea... that would be the life.

Her name was Stephanie Larson and she was gorgeous. Heat told her everything from his past. He didn't know why he was so upfront and carefree around her. He just felt as if he had known her his entire life. Like... Like, he met her somewhere before.

She was every mans dream. He wouldn't do her dirty like he did Dylan and Vanessa. No... He would actually take care of her. Because, everyone knows, three strikes and you're out. Heat didn't wanna' be out. He wanted to live his life to the fullest and never have to ask for anything. He wanted to love.

"Steph, I gotta' ask you something..." he said softly from across the dinner table.

"What?" she asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, I--"

"Sorry. Hold that thought. I gotta' put Dustin to bed," she didn't let him respond before she stood from her chair and went over to Dustin, who was sitting in his chair and looking as clueless as ever. "C'mon, baby. Mommy'll be right back," she picked him and was soon out of the room. Rio and Sapphire were already asleep.