chapter 5

when Jackson came out of the staff room and out to the front he saw raven with a group of children. when he approached Raven she smiled at him. "okay kids since heather is gone we  have a new gym instructor." She made a gesture towards him. Jackson put on the brightest smile he could and started to speak.

"Hello everyone my name is Jackson it's a pleasure to meet all of you." He waved to the children and they happily waved back with a mixture of either 'hello' or 'hi'. He noticed that Mark wasn't there and asked Raven where he was. she told him that Mark went to the restroom and asked Jackson and the children to follow her into a room.

Once they all went into the room Raven told him to wait for Mark to come back. "I'll keep the kids busy while he's gone." "Thank you." And with that she left.

What should I do while we wait? He thought to himself. Oh I got it! "Who wants to play duck duck goose?" None of the kids were paying attention to him. He tried again but still no one said anything. So he spoke a little more loudly and someone finally heard him.

"Me! I want to play!" A little girl in black shorts with a blue t-shirt said. "Me too!" Another girl said and soon all the children wanted to play.

"Okay everyone sit in a circle." Once they formed the somewhat of a circle Jackson started speaking again. "Alright I will go first. Duck duck..."

Meanwhile...

After Raven left Jackson with the kids she went to go check on Mark. When she got to the bathroom she knocked on the door. "Mark are you okay?"

She was surprised when he opened the door and walked out. "Yeah I'm fine." He mumbled. Raven eyed him suspiciously. "Are you sure? Because this isn't like you. I mean really? Hiding in a bathroom, aren't you a little old to be avoiding work? The children are already here."

Mark's cheeks heated up. He was kind of embarrassed because now that he was definitely acting a little childish. "I'm really sorry I'm not avoiding work. I'll go out front to greet them."

"You don't need to go out front. Jackson and the children are in the room waiting for you." She noticed his face scrunch up when she mentioned the other boys name.

"So that's why you where hiding. Gosh Mark we already talked about this. Leave the negative feelings at the front door. I don't know why you are being rude to him you barely even know the guy." She crossed her arms and waited for him to answer.

"It's complicated."

"Well complicated or not you still have a job to do."

"Yes ma'am I understand. I'll go to the room right now." He quickly walked down the hall. I wonder how this'll work out? Raven thought as she walked out to the front.

In the room..

"Simon says jump!" Jackson started jumping up and down. Soon all the kids were jumping waiting for the next command then the door opened.

"Hi everyone!" The children all stopped and ran towards him. Jackson also stopped but just stood in place. He wanted to walk up to him but the other boy made it clear that he didn't want to talk to Jackson.

They ask started speaking at the same time.
"Mark what took you so long?"
"Did you meet Jackson?"
"You took forever."
"We are playing games!"

"Okay everyone calm down. I'll try to answer your questions." After the children stopped talking Mark spoke again. "Sorry I was talking to Raven, yes meet Jackson, did you guys have fun playing?"

"Yes!" They all shouted. He chuckled to himself. Even though mark didn't like Jackson he had to admit that he was good with the children. Plus he decided to take Raven's advice and not let his problems mess with his job.

He walked up to Jackson and told him that he could just observe for now since It's his first day. Then he turned back to the kids.

"Alright everyone since Jackson is new why don't we start the lesson and show him how the do things?

"I want to show him!"
"No I want to!"
All the children started to bicker.  This is going to be a long day.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea why some of the story got cut off but I restored it.
Also I want to thank everyone for their comments and support on this story it means a lot to me❤