The Newbies (1)

Liam's POV
I hate being the new kid at school. Everybody gives you weird looks and others avoid you because they think that the new kid is some sort of disease. It's so hard to make a first impression, but it's the best thing to do. Prove you belong somewhere; that's what my mum told me. I was waiting to see the principal with a tanned kid with black hair styled into a quiff and he wore nerd-like glasses. The kid with wild curly hair came out and the secretary told me I can go in to see the principal. I thank her and head in.

"Ah, Mr...Styles, is it?" he asked. "No, sir. I'm Liam Payne" I say, putting an emphasis on my surname. "Oh, sorry. I have three new students today and it's hard to remember them all," he says, "Please, sit, Mr Payne" the principal said. I took a seat on one of the white chairs and stared at the gold plaque with his name engraved in it.

Headmaster Matthew Wilson

This guy must really be proud of his title. "So, I see you just moved here to Doncaster, am I correct?" Headmaster asks. "Yes, sir. I'm from Wolverhampton" I say. "Wolverhampton boy. I like to take my granddaughter there for her birthday. We spend about a week or two there. Lovely place" he says. "It is. I miss it already" I said.

We talked about a few other things, like my grades, subjects that I excel at, subjects that confuse me, extra-cirricular activities I might like, you know; boring stuff. Once our discussion was over, he told me that Miss Grace would give me my schedule and escort me to my home room, then a student will show me my locker. Headmaster Wilson escorted me out of his office and told the secretary to take over, then he went back to his office.

Miss Grace leaned back into her chair and grabbed 3 sheets of paper from the printer. "Here are your schedule's and if you follow me, I shall take you to your homeroom" Miss Grace said. She handed a schedule to Nerd, Curly and I; then got up from her desk and started heading out of the office.

Curly, Nerd and I followed the small lady down the empty hallway. "You have been placed in room 23, which is your English classroom, Mr Payne and Mr Styles" Miss Grace said. We walked for a few more minutes before we came to a room with the numbers 23 painted on the door. She knocked on the door then opened it up. Inside there were about 15 students spread all around the room, and a ginger teacher at his desk, marking papers. The nesks were arranged with desks for 3 against the sides and ones to seat 2 people were down the middle. "Mr Sheeran, sorry to interrupt. You have 3 new students joining your homeroom. This is Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Zayn Malik" Miss Grace said, pointing to each of us as she spoke. "Mr Wilson has asked that one student show the boys their lockers" Miss Grace and left us.

"Welcome boys. Erm… Hillary, you can show the boys their lockers. Give them Lockers 2316-2318" Mr Sheeran said. A girl with dark, red hair that was out loose stood up from the back and came forward. She was wearing black skinny jeans, army boots, a purple shirt with a denim jacket. She must be Hillary. She has a nice name. Mr Sheeran gave her three small squares of paper before she led us outside to where the lockers were. The lockers were about a foot taller than me and made of steel right outside the classroom. 2316-18 were right next to the door. "Lockers 2316-18 are right here, you guys can choose which one you want" Hillary said. "I call 2317!" Harry yelled. Zayn called 2316. "I guess I get 2318" I said. "You guys can load your stuff in them now. Here are your passcodes" Hillary said.

She handed us the squares of paper and Harry, Zayn and I put our stuff away. "So, did you guys get your schedules?" Hillary asked. "Uh, yeah" Harry said. "Can I se your schedules please?" Hillary asked. We handed them over. "Okay. So there are 7 classes that we rotate through. There are 4 periods in a day. Home room, then 2 classes, them lunch followed by 2 classes and then you go home. During free periods, you are allowed to leave school grounds. If you have a free period in period 4, you can go home, you just have to sign out at the office. I believe that we are on Rotation 1, so you have English and elective 1 first up" Hillary said. She handed back our schedules. English with Mr Sheeran. This should be interesting.