Our Tree house (5)

Hillary's POV 
So, Josh ended up staying for dinner last night and didn't get a chance to talk to Niall. Having your ex-bully who is also a guy come to dinner is not as nice as you would think it to be. It was more like Josh and I sitting there awkwardly as: Granny told embarrassing stories of me, Grandpa acted like an over protective father and Jesse just glared at Josh and I. Josh agreed to meet me in my backyard tomorrow morning around 9:30 so I could take him to a certain place and he could talk to Niall.  

So, here I am right now. Waiting for Josh to arrive. So far, no such luck. Niall was waiting for us at the place and I'm still here waiting for the impossible to happen. It's 10:30 and there is no sign of Josh. I should've known. He was lying to me this whole time. Josh was never going to give up the Athletes to become a stupid misfit. I bet Josh is with Louis teling him everything I told Josh. God, I can't believe I was so stupid to think that I couldn't…. 

"I'm so so sorry that I'm late, Hillary! First, I never set an alarm, so I slept in too late. Then, I raced to the track team to tell Pay-Liam that he was taking over the Athlete Clique and that took longer than I thought. Then I went to the football coach and told him I quit the team and then I realised it was 10 past 10, so I like ran all the way over here. Then your brother wouldn't let me in, even though I told him you were expecting me and I was already late and I tried until your grandmother came past and I told her that I was here to see you and she let me in" Josh explained. 

"Well, you're here now. Follow me" I said. I led Josh to the end of my backyard and made sure Jesse, Granny or Grandpa weren't looking this way. When it was clear, I removed some of the wooden panels of the fence. "What happened to the fence?" Josh asked. "Ever wondered what two sugar rushing 8-year-olds do with a hammer?" I asked. "Not really" Josh said. "Good" I said and slipped through the gap in the fence. Josh just looked at me. "Are you coming or what? I asked. Josh then slipped through the gap and I put the panels back. 

"Do not tell my brother or grandparents the gap exists. They'll ground me for eternity. Okay?" I asked Josh as I led him down the hill to the creek. "Promise.", Josh said, "Why are we going to a creek?". "We're not" I said.  

We came to the creek and I stood underneath the largest of the trees that lined the creek. "A tree? You brought me to a tree?" Josh asked.  

"Not a tree. A tree house" I said.  

Josh looked up into the tree. "I don't see one" he said. "That's because the tree's branches have grown around it over the years. It's now completely hidden" I explained.  

I pulled the rope ladder off the lowest hanging branch and began to climb up. It wasn't easy climbing without hurting my wrist too much. When I was about halfway up, I saw Josh still on the ground. "Do you want to talk to Niall or not?" I called down. Josh started to climb up. "So, when was it built?" Josh asked as we climbed up. "7 years ago. Niall and wanted somewhere private and isolated that we could run away to for a while. Then Louis suggested we build a tree house and that's what we did. With the help of Niall's dad of course" I said. "Does Louis ever meet people at our tree house?" I asked. "Nah. Normally it's either at my house or the Starbucks near the school" Josh said. 

I pushed the trapdoor open and climbed into the old tree house, Josh behind me."Hillary! You made it!" Niall said, jumping up from the couch that was opposite the trapdoor. Josh climbed in and Niall panicked. "What is he doing here?" Niall said, getting extremely nervous. "Relax Niall. Josh is not here to hurt us. He's here to apologise for all the times he hurt us. He's already left the Athlete's clique and joined us Misfits" I explained. "What if I don't want to hear his apology?" Niall said. "You will. Or I  won't share my food with you for 6 months" I said. Niall's face dropped.