Left for Dead (15)

Louis' POV
It was about 5 o'clock, and I just got out of a detention with Headmaster Wilson. He made me write 'I will not harm Hillary Wilson ever again' on the whiteboard over and over. Every time I filled the board, Headmaster Wilson would wipe everything off and make me write the sentence again. It really sucked. I adjusted my bag on my shoulder as I walked down the street to where I parked my car. The parking lot had been full this morning.

When I got to the alleyway right near the turn I had to make to get to my car, I saw an arm sticking out. Blood was flowing down the arm. I rushed into the alleyway to find none other than Hillary WIlson lying on the ground blood everywhere. "oh, god" I mumbled to myself as I bent down and lifted Hillary into a sitting position. "Hillary, please don't be dead, please!" I said. Hillary didn't say anything. Her eyes were closed, like she was sleeping and her skin was so pale it scared me. I felt on her neck for a pulse, and thank god I found one! She was alive, but her pulse was weak, so weak.

I pulled my phone out and called for an ambulance. I gave them the address and told them how I found Hillary, not in that order. I hung up and picked Hillary up bridal style. She was so pale and weak, it broke my heart, but it felt so right holding her in my arms. I carried Hillary out of the alleyway and into the open, a cold breeze blowing through me and sending shivers through my body.

I waited for the ambulance which came quickly. They took Hillary and rushed her into the van. I climbed in the back with Hillary and one of the medics. "So, you didn't see what happened to her?" the medic asked. "No. I was walking down to my car and found her like this, blood all over her" I said. I watched as the medic in the back tried to save Hillary, and the driver sped to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, the medics from the hospital rushed Hillary inside and told me to wait in the waiting area.

I sat down on an uncomfortable chair and waited. My phone vibrated in my pocket and pulled it out. Mum was calling. I quickly answered. "Louis, where are you?" Mum asked. "Uh… Mum don't freak out, okay? I'm in the hospital" I said. "WHAT? Louis, are you okay? What happened?" Mum said. "Relax, Mum, I'm fine. It's…Hillary" I said, going quiet at the end. "Hillary… Wilson?" Mum asked. "Yeah. Her" I said. "Louis, what did you do to her?" Mum asked, getting mad. "It wasn't me, Mum! I was leaving the school and I found Hillary in an alleyway, covered in blood and unconscious" I explained.

"Was anyone there when you found her?" Mum asked. "No, she was all alone" I said. "Do you have your car?" Mum asked. "No, it's still parked at school" I said. "Okay. Call me when you're done at the hospital and I'll come and get you. I'm going to call Hillary's family and tell them" Mum said. "No, Mum, I'll do it. Just text me a number to call" I said. "Alright, sweetie. Just stay safe" Mum said and hung up. "Excuse me, are you the guy who came in with ah… Hillary Wilson?" a nurse asked, checking the name on her clipboard. "Yeah, that's me" I said.

"Miss Wilson is in surgery now, and she'll be out soon. I just have a couple of questions for you" the nurse said. I answered all of her questions and she said that the surgeon will come and get when I can go see Hillary. I slumped down in my chair as the nurse walked off. How long does surgery take? I pulled out my phone and started playing some games on it.

I waited for about 2 hours before my name was called out. A man with silver hair dressed in blue doctor's scrubs was waiting at the doors leading into a hallway. I leapt from the chair and moved quickly to the doctor. "Come with me, I'll take you to her room" the doctor said, turning around and leading me through the doors into the hall. "Miss Wilson suffered several deep cuts to both of her arms, going all along her arms. There were designs engraved deep into her legs and she was stabbed in her abdomen twice. I must say, if you had called for an ambulance minutes later, she made not have made it" the doctor explained on the way.