5

I tossed aside another shirt as I dug through my closet looking for something decent to wear. Isaac had told me that I only needed to wear something semi-nice. He'd also told me that if I didn't have anything that normal clothes would be fine too. Nobody would probably notice anyways. Still, I had to have something in my closet that I could wear. After about 5 minutes of searching through things, I found a t-shirt that hadn't been worn too many times.

I wasn't sure when I had got it or where it came from, but it looked clean and nice enough. I pulled it on over my head and gave my appearance a look in the mirror in the bathroom. I wasn't over-dressed, but I did worry a little about being under-dressed. It looked a little too casual, and I felt that maybe I should go back to see if I had anything else. So, I did. After another couple of minutes I finally found something. It was a button-up that my Mom had bought me for my Aunt's wedding last year. I hadn't grown too much since then, so it would probably still fit me just fine.

I took my other shirt off and replaced it with the other one. This time when I checked myself in the mirror, I was a lot more content with how I looked. When I went back to my room, I heard a knock on the door downstairs. My Mom beat me to the door, but when she saw me she said,

"I'll let you get it. It's probably Kizumi." She turned around and went back to the kitchen to keep getting dinner ready. It was a little early, but I wouldn't be surprised. I grabbed the handle and turned it, opening the door smoothly. Like Mom had said, Kizumi was standing in the doorway. I looked him up and down the instant I laid eyes on him. He was wearing a fitted solid colored t-shirt and regular jeans. The shirt looked really good on him.

"You look good." I blurted him as I eyed him. Blush sprang on his cheeks and I smiled. It was always so cute when he blushed.

"Thanks..." He muttered and looked away. I let him inside and my Mom poked her head around the corner.

"Hi sweetheart!" She smiled at him. He gave her a smile back and said hi.

"I'm almost finished getting dinner ready. I want you two to eat before you go to the party." She told him.

"That sounds great." He responded politely. I began walking to my bedroom, and he followed.

"I'll call you two down when it's done, alright? And Shirou-" She said, stopping me. "Keep your room clean." I sighed internally, but nodded.

"No board games." I said to Kizumi as we went upstairs. "We always leave the pieces everywhere." I laughed.

"Alright. We don't really have time to finish a game anyways." He said. When we got into my room, Kizumi shut the door and planted himself on my bed, taking off his sweater. I had only been able to see his torso before in the shirt, since it was a zip up, but now I could see his whole upper body. I was right when I said it looked good. He really did look good. He noticed me staring at him and instead of getting annoyed, he blushed again. It was probably because I had complimented him earlier.

"Sorry." I laughed and tore my eyes away.

"It's fine..." He said and flopped backwards onto the bed.

"Are you ready?" I asked him as I laid down next to him. He put his hands behind his head as he sighed.

"I guess so." He told me. I caught a whiff of cologne and held back a smile.Even though he wasn't exactly excited about the party, he was kind of excited to go do something with me. We both sat there, staring at the ceiling in silence. After a moment, Kizumi spoke up again. "How long will we be there after midnight?"

"Probably not long. I don't really want to be there until three in the morning." I told him.

"Will you be taking me home?" He asked.

"If you want." I turned my head to look at him, but he was sitting up.

"Does that mean I can come back here if I wanted to?" He was suddenly over me and I felt a little nervous, like I always did.

"Sure." I almost stuttered.

"Then I want to come back to your house." He told me, looking into my eyes.

"What about extra clothes and a toothbrush?" I mentioned.

"I can just sleep in what I have on." He said.

"And the toothbrush?" I said.

"I'm pretty sure you have some extras. Your Mom let me have one once." He told me.

"Alright then." I laughed. He came closer and gave me one single kiss on the lips. Like usual, butterflies exploded in my stomach and when he pulled away, my cheeks were warm. To keep him from seeing it, I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into another kiss, longer than the one he'd given me. At least by doing that he couldn't see my blush. When we pulled away, Kizumi opened his mouth to say something but my Mom suddenly called us down to eat. He pulled me off of the bed and we went downstairs together. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, my Mom looked me over.

"Shirou, are you alright? You look a little flushed." I felt my cheeks get a little hotter as Kizumi looked at me. Maybe I should have waited to go down. Still, I came up with a quick lie to cover up.

"Yeah. I just got really hot all of a sudden. I'm okay though."

"I hope you aren't getting sick." She told me and handed us plates. "Anyways, eat up and then we'll go."