15 (Kizumi's P.O.V.)

(Kizumi's P.O.V.)

I wasn't kidding when I said that I wasn't going to lose, but I hadn't expected either of them to be so terrible at card games. No matter what game we played, it was an easy win. They were too open with their expressions, and neither of them were able to come up with a strategy good enough to come even close to beating me. I got bored after winning so many times and tossed my cards on the bed.

"You guys suck at this." I told them and sighed. Shirou let out a small laugh and then said,

"Or maybe you're just too good."

"Maybe." I pondered it. I didn't think so...I never won at those computer card games. Then again, those were probably designed so that you can almost never win. A computer was far smarter than me. I watched Shirou as Yuji gathered the deck and neatly put it back in his little box. Shirou's eyes met mine and we just stared at each other. I wanted to say something, but could think of nothing. In that moment I felt that foolish jealousy stab me. I wasn't able to make conversation like Yuji could...it made me feel slightly less capable.

"What is it?" Shirou suddenly asked, looking slightly worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I whisked the thoughts away. What a stupid thing to worry about...Just because I wasn't able to converse like him didn't mean that Shirou found me less interesting, right?

"You just looked concerned is all." He told me.

"I'm not." I told him and he stared at me for second longer before accepting my answer and then giving me a cute smile and saying,

"You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with how well you played cards. Who taught you?" He asked me.

"I used to play them on the computer a lot when I was younger." I explained.

"I see. It'd be an understatement to say that the computer taught you well." He kept the smile on his face and an urge to kiss him washed over me. As badly as I wanted to do it, I held back. It would have been weird with Yuji sitting right there. Even though he knew, it just wasn't something I was going to do with someone sitting there. That, and I was afraid that even a small kiss would lead to a little more than that. Sometimes I seriously couldn't control myself when it came to getting my hands on him.

"What do you guys want to do?" Yuji suddenly spoke up breaking our small talk. Of course, that burning irritation sparked again instantly.

"Well, how about a movie? Or we have more games in the closet in the hall." Shirou suggested.

"I think a movie sounds good." Yuji nodded. "What do you want to do?" He asked me. With a dismissive tone I replied,

"It doesn't matter to me."

"Come on, let's go choose one." We all got off the bed and both Yuji and I followed Shirou downstairs. "What kind of movie do you want to watch?" He asked me.

"Any movie." I replied.

"Okay...then how about Yuji and I pick and you can go make the popcorn?" He suggested. I turned away and walked into the kitchen. As I pulled the box out I called,

"Do you want me to make three bags?"

"Sure." Shirou answered back. I pulled the little bags out and took the plastic off of them. They'd all have to be popped separately. I tossed one into the microwave and set the time. While it popped, I leaned against the counter trying to decide whether or not to glance out into the living room at them. By the time the first bag was done, I had decided against it knowing it would only annoy me. While the second bag popped I shook the other one, willing the last few kernels to pop in the bag.

Eventually all three had finished and I gathered them in my hands, holding them carefully so as not to burn myself by accident. As I came around from the kitchen, I nearly choked. Shirou was in his usual spot on the end of the couch, but Yuji was plopped down right next to him in my spot. In fact, not only was he in my spot, but he was sitting even closer to Shirou than I usually would be.

At first I had just been surprised that Shirou hadn't told him it was my spot, then anger followed. Except...Yuji suddenly looked up at me. He knew that Shirou couldn't see his face from the angle he was at, and the smirk that rested on his face was clear as day and unmistakable. He was perfectly aware that I was unable to sit next to Shirou, since they were on the end of the couch. Not just that...he knew he was sitting closer than he needed to as well. His body language was obvious. Along with that smirk of his, that glimmer shone in his eyes again. He knew exactly how I felt.

A familiar feeling shot through my body, and it was almost nauseating. I wanted to beat the shit out of him. My right hand had even clenched instinctively to the sudden rush of fury that coursed in my body. I nearly impulsively reached out and grabbed him by his collar, but Shirou spoke, stopping me in my tracks.

"Thanks for making the popcorn." He held held his hand out and I came back to my senses. I hadn't felt that in a while since I'd met Shirou. It was almost kind of weird, and I actually felt sort of surprised that I'd nearly acted on impulse. If Shirou hadn't said anything I definitely would have hit him, and not just once. I gave them their bags and sat in the chair away from them. The movie started to play, but I was paying absolutely no attention to it.

I knew what Yuji was doing. He was trying to take Shirou from me. He knew he had the ability to do it, too. I was impulsive, mean, and probably not all that interesting of a person. It was a miracle that Shirou ever came to like me in the first place...but Yuji...He was so much more able to light up Shirou's life than me. What was I going to do? Could I even compete with him? He was going to move in slowly and eventually take him from me, wasn't he? Pain seized my heart at the thought and I completely shut out my surroundings as I panicked internally.

What was I going to do?