V

I wake up and the sun is shining bright. I look at the alarm clock and the time is 2:32pm. Oh my gosh, I've slept all day. I guess I did go to sleep at 4am.

Vic's no longer sleeping next to me, obviously he'd gone to school hours ago.

I decide that I should drag myself out of bed so I do just that. I then go over to my wardrobe and get changed before I fix my hair then leave the room just wanting to see Mama and Papa Fuentes.

When I was at home, I was almost always alone. The only time I wasn't alone was around my parents and they weren't exactly people that I wanted to be around. I really like being around Mama and Papa Fuentes. They're really nice. Even Vic, though I don't really like it when he's around Mama and Papa Fuentes compared to us just being alone together. He acts differently around them. Distant, sad. It's not the Vic I like to see.

I go downstairs and into the living room hoping to find Mama or Papa Fuentes and I end up finding Mama Fuentes sitting on the sofa.

"Kellin, you're up!" She exclaims and she pats the spot next to her so I go sit down. "Did you have a late night Honey?"

I nod and she wraps her arm around my shoulder. I tense up a little, like usual, but then relax a few seconds later.

"What time did you go to sleep?" She asks concerned.

"Around four." I answer truthfully and she looks at me shocked.

"Did you have another nightmare?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No, I just couldn't sleep." I reply.

"Do you need me to get you something to help you sleep? I can if you need it." She offers but I shake my head.

"No thank you. I ap-appreciate it though." I smile though I have trouble pronouncing appreciate.

She nods and ruffles my hair.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" She asks and I nod excitingly. I don't remember the last time I watched a movie.

She gets up then goes over to the cabinet under the TV.

"Do you have any preferences?" She asks looking back at me and I shake my head so she nods, picking a random movie.

She puts in on before coming back to the sofa and sitting next to me. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me into her as the movie starts. I then learn it's a movie called Happy Feet. I lean into Mama Fuentes as she holds me tightly in her arms. The feeling I get around her is so comforting. I wonder if this is what my mother was supposed to be like.

Though now I've realized something. The way I feel around Mama Fuentes isn't like the way I feel around Vic. It's so different but I really like both of them.

Around Mama Fuentes, I feel safe and comfortable. I feel like she's going to be here looking after me forever, although that's not true. I have no idea how long I'm even staying here for and when I leave, am I ever going to see Mama Fuentes, Papa Fuentes or Vic again?

The way I feel around Vic is completely different. I'm more anxious but not in a bad way, I just care more about what he thinks of me and that makes me scared that I'm going to screw up. I get a weird sensation in my stomach when we talk and I don't know why. It's just strange.

Papa Fuentes walks in the room about half an hour into the movie.

"Darling, can you get us some popcorn please?" Mama Fuentes asks with a hopeful smile.

"Of course." Papa Fuentes chirps before leaving the room.

"I have some good news for you, Kell." Mama Fuentes beams and I tear my gaze away from the TV to look at her giving her a curious look.