XXXV

Vic whistles happily as he tears down the hateful notes from his locker. He's been happy all day and he was happy all weekend too. God, his smile is beautiful.

I just watch him as he collects his things from his locker. I wonder if this is the Vic Mama and Papa talk about. If so, I can see why they want him back.

"Is Nicole coming home with us?" I ask Vic, just curious.

"No, she's going home but we're going to give her a ride." Vic explains and I nod. "She's going to meet us in the parking lot."

"Okay." I chirp.

Just at the moment, I hear a girl crying. Low and behold, it's Nicole. Alex has a fistful of her hair as he drags her towards us. She in tears and she looks like she's in a lot of pain.

"Fuentes, don't you fucking move!" Alex shouts and I notice Vic gulp.

"Kells, go to the car." He murmurs.

"No, I'm not leaving you." I tell him, remembering what Nicole told me the other night. Alex is going to kill Vic.

"Kellin, I'm not fucking around. Go!" Vic snaps.

I nod, giving in then I begin to walk quickly down the hall away from Alex.

"You too, Quinn. Don't you fucking move!" Alex booms.

Feeling frightened, I try to run but two of Alex's friends grab me and stop me, dragging me back over to Vic and where Alex is now standing. He throws Nicole to the ground and she lets out a cry of pain. Seeing her in so much pain is sickening.

"You encouraged her to kill my kid!" Alex screams at Vic.

"I didn't encourage anything! She didn't want it!" Vic shouts back, a fire in his eyes.

Alex kicks Nicole and Vic leaps forward, tackling Alex to the ground. It's the first time I've seen Vic attack Alex.

Nicole takes the opportunity to get up and run away. Alex's friend grab Vic and yank him off of Alex, holding his arms behind his back. Alex gets up looking even more angry which makes me feel beyond scared for Vic. I can't watch what happens next.

He steps forward, pulling his arm back then punching Vic across the jaw. I scream at the sight and struggle against the two guys holding me back but they have too good of a grip on me.

"Do your worst, Gaskarth." Vic growls before spitting blood on the floor.

Alex's pissed-off face turns to a sickly sweet smirk. He looks away from Vic then his eyes land on me and my heart leaps to my throat.

"Hold him tight." Alex mumbles to the guy holding Vic.

He then strolls over to me which leaves me shaking in terror.

"You touch him and it'll be the last thing you do, Alex!" Vic screams but I can hear the hopelessness in his tone.

I look at Alex fearfully as he stops in front of me. He then punches me hard and fast across the face, no doubt bruising my cheek and splitting my lip. I don't even have time to cry out in pain before he punches me in the stomach, making all the air leave my lungs. He doesn't stop there though, he continues to hit and kick me until I'm crying and screaming and I can faintly here Vic screaming in the background. And the entire time I'm being beaten, all I can think about is my parents.

After a while, I throw up all over myself which makes Alex stop. He just laughs then I'm dropped to the floor. Alex kicks me as he steps over me then walks off, laughing with his friends. I curl up into a ball, squeezing my eyes shut and I sob as I choke up blood and more vomit.