. . .You should close it (29)

[[Clarification: Ashlynn is not pregnant, she lied about it then confessed it to Chris in the form of a text message right before he crashed.]]

{This is it everyone. Last chapter...make sure you vote...}

Chapter twenty-nine: . . . You should close it:

"Veronica?" Claire clapped her hands in my face. "I was trying to tell you something!" She said in a whiny tone. She had been babbling about something for the past few minutes and I hadn't been listening to her. When she saw I was partially paying attention again, she resumed chattering about whatever.

I was so lost.

I couldn't pay attention to anything. I was trying to forget about what happened, but that was like trying to forget I was black. It was impossible.

When my mom called us for dinner I sat at the table and quietly picked at my food. My parents eyed me with concern in their eyes but they didn't say anything. Which was just as well, because I was in no mood to talk about it.

After fifteen minutes of picking at chicken and collard greens I pushed my plate away and went back to my room. Thankfully no one came after me and I collapsed on my bed. I pulled out my phone and looked longingly at Chris's contact, but I decided to text Norah.

TO: Norah

What is life?

She replied after a minute.

FROM: Norah

Everything, love, hate, wishes, dreams... failure, rejection, and everything in between.

TO: Norah

And what is love?

FROM: Norah

Mm, which version do you want? The real version, the sugar coated one, or the Disney one?

That made me smile and laugh.

TO: Norah

Haha, what would you know about the L-word? And I'll take all three, please.

FROM: Norah

I didn't tell you about Robyn did I? Well, that party was our fourth date... it's official! She's my girlfriend so I think I know a little something :-P

1. The Disney version: Love is getting rescued by your prince, defying all instructions to not see him, going on an adventure, kissing, then getting married.

2. Sugar coated version: Love is him buying you flowers everyday, him calling you beautiful, when both of you are always happy with each other, and lots of sweet sensual sexy time.

3. The real version: Love is arguments, ups and downs, yelling, not wanting to talk to the other, getting over it, kissing, then hot make-up sex. (Not necessarily in that order though) It's beyond words

TO: Norah

Well I'm in love with Chris. And he feels the same.

FROM: Norah

Took you two idiots long enough. What's the problem?

TO: Norah

I broke it off with him and now I'm miserable

FROM: Norah

What the hell you did you do that for???