Chapter 43

After hours and hours of unpacking my things and settling in to my new place, i finally felt better. But i could not get Justin out of my head. Every single time i close my eyes he's there. Innocently smiling at me, leaning into kiss me. I can still feel both of his soft hands on my jaw. His gentle lips crashing into mine. His sorry voice begging me please not to go.

I sat back on the couch, watching night fall from my living room window. I was debating on wether calling Justin yet. Part of me wanted to call him, say sorry for everything i did, beg for him back and tell him i understand.
But i don't understand why he did this to me & yes i am half sorry but not completely. He is basically cheating on me and that's so hard to sink in.

I sighed loudly to myself and decided to go to bed and call it a day. I climbed in to bed under my duvet and sunk into my comfy pillow. Within minutes i drifted off in to sleep.

~~

The next morning i woke up from the sun shining in through my curtains. I had slept in, it's already 10:30, and Pattie and I are supposed to be going shopping for dishes, towels some new stuff for the house & some new outfits for work. I needed to start buying more formal things now that i had a fancy office job at McCormack & Co.

I quickly got showered, ready for the day & dressed. Pattie was already on her way and i couldn't have her waiting on me for long.

Every time i heard a knock on the door, i think of Justin peeking his head in through the small opening of my old bedroom door. I rushed over to the door and met Pattie walking in.

" Wow, you got settled away really fast!" She said looking around and looking impressed.

I laughed, " I hope so, it's coming together alright i guess! "

I was looking like crap compared to Pattie. She always looked beautiful anyways, always done up perfectly.
She was wearing beige coloured pants a white top with lace detailing, with a navy jacket over it.

I was wearing a pair of dark wash jeans, and a red ribbon top. I thought i looked okay, but never as dolled up as Pattie.

" Where to first? " She asked.

" I'm down to go anywhere, as long i get the things i need. " I said, politely.

" Sounds good! " She smiled.

Pattie turned up the radio & we both start singing along to rap songs. This is the relationship i wish i could have had with my mom. Lately, i feel like i should start calling Pattie mom, because she really is the mother i don't have.

I smiled at her and continued to rap along to the songs with her. I knew today was gonna be a fun day.

After 5 and a half hours of shopping with Pattie i managed to get everything i needed. The only other things we needed to get were some dresses for work.

Pattie had amazing fashion sense, i trust her with a truthful opinion on what i wear. I'm so glad to have her, I do miss my mother, everyday i think about her. But Pattie managed to give me the comfort my mother couldn't give me.

We browsed through Macy's first, i ended up by a medium length navy dress, a plain v-neck white one that fell below my knees, another emerald green dress that flared out from my high waist, and finally a long black pencil skirt and 4 different pairs of heels.

After 4 or 5 other stores, i ended up buying 13 or 14 dresses and a couple of new shirts and dress pants. I was more than happy with what i got today and i could not thank Pattie enough.

I pulled up to the old house, dropped Pattie off in the driveway. She kissed me good bye & waved as she walked in through the door.

I pulled into my own driveway 5 or 10 minutes later, cursing at the fact that i'd have to carry all my bags in by myself.

I made 3 trips out to my car and back into the house. When i came back for the rest of the stuff there was a tall brunette girl standing on the driveway over from mine.

I smiled politely at her, " Hello! "

" Hey! " She answered. " I'm Holly, i'm guessing you're new? " She asked.

I laughed, " Yeah, i moved in yesterday! I'm Jessica! " I answered.

" Nice to meet you! " She said sweetly.

" You too! " I answered back, making my way back over to my car.

" I know we just met, but do you need some help with that? " She asked.

I looked over at all the other bags in the back of the car, " Sure if you don't mind!"

She smiled and walked over across the grass, " I don't mind helping at all. " She answered sweetly.

Holly seems like a really nice girl, maybe i found myself a friend after all.

Once we finished carrying everything inside i thanked her for all her help.

" No problem! " She answer, holding out her hand to shake mine. " If you ever need anything else or just someone to talk to, give me a call! "

" I will, thanks again! " I said, and she handed me her number on a small piece of paper.

I smiled and waved her goodbye as she walked back over to her house. Our houses were the same size and style, the bricks on her house were dark brown and mine were more of a light brown and red mixture.

It took me 1 hour to put everything away and hand up all my new clothes. I was finally completely stocked up and settled away. I felt like bricks were lifted off my shoulders. I don't remember the first move being this hard and stressful.

Immediately, i climbed into bed and fell asleep immediately. The day flew and it felt like i only woke up 2 hours ago. My legs were aching from walking on them all day. My eyes sting and fight to stay open but it isn't long before i completely run out of energy and quickly drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow is my first day at McCormack & Co. and i better get my good rest so i can be half approachable on my very first day.

My alarm clock buzzed 6:30 and i felt exhausted, as if i only slept for 2 hours.

I hopped in the shower quickly and curled my hair once i dried it and got out. I decided that my navy dress was more appropriate for my first day. I wore my tiny black heels with it. I looked extremely professional, i even impressed myself today.

-

" Hello Jessica, nice to meet you! " A tall man wearing a suit greeted me as i walked through the office.

" Hello sir! " I answered, smiling warmly.

" I'm Mr. McCormack, i'm sure you have figured that out by now! " He answered laughing a little.

I laughed along with him.

" You'll be working as sort of my receptionist, you'll answer the phones and forward any calls for me to my office. You'll take down my notes and any important information like appointments or meetings. Also, you'll be attending conferences and meetings with me from time to time, seeing you'll be the only one in here that knows my schedule almost as good as me! "

I laughed and followed him out to the main floor. There were lines and lines of dividers, creating small work spaces for all the employees. Nobody bothered to look up as we walked by, they all carried on with their business.

"This will be your desk, " He said, walking into my un-private workspace. It was a cherry oak dest behind a large window. The desk had a laptop and lots of papers.

" It's perfect, thank you so much! " I said, thanking him for what he has given me.

" You're welcome Ms. Rogers, now get to work! " He joked.

I laughed and sat into the big, fancy and extremely comfortable office chair. I put the bluetooth on my ear and waited for a call to come in.

I was trying to decided how i should answer the calls. There's so many different ways.

"Good morning McCormack & Co. "

" McCormack & Co. This is Jessica speaking. "

I decided on the first one, i didn't want to seem too weird or pushy, so keeping it simple was probably my best option.

20 minutes later, the phone rang. I clicked the answer button on my ear piece, " Good morning, McCormack & Co. " I answered joyfully.

" Jess? " A familiar sounding voice came from the other end

" It's Pattie! "

" Oh, hey! "

" I just wanted to see how your first day on the job is going? " She asked.

" It's going great, better than i thought actually! "

" Good to hear! We're having Chinese for supper tonight you wanna stop by & join us? " Pattie asked.

" I'd love to! But if you don't mind, i need to go incase i get a call! I'll see you after work! "

" Okay, bye Jess! " She said hanging up.

I knew that i had just agreed to having supper with Justin again. The main reason i moved was to be away from him. But oh well, he may not even be there. He could be busy with Selena.

4:30 came pretty quickly, i'm really beginning to get the hang of it. It's going better than i could have ever hoped for.

I pulled up at Pattie & Dad's house and walked inside immediately smelling the broccoli, from what i assumed was Pattie secret chicken and broccoli recipe.

" Hey doll! " She greeted me from over the stove.

" Hi Pattie! How are you? " I asked her.

" I'm great, how about you? " She asked.

" I'm doing well! " She answered.

I sat at the table and waited for supper to be ready. It felt weird being back here, waiting for supper at my old spot at the table.

Dad strolled in shortly after and greeted me with a warm smile. Justin came in after him, and never even looked at me. That's weird considering he always smiles at me, even when he knows i'm mad at him.

Oh my god.

Now i know why he didn't smile at me... Maybe he didn't know I was coming over.

He glanced at me like he was sorry, and Pattie was staring.

How could he do this.

Little bit of a cliff hanger i guess, what do you guys think is happening? Please vote & continue to comment what you guys thought!!

xx