Chapter 13

He stared at me for a long time, and there was a long silence. Nobody was talking and i was beginning to wonder what this meant.
He looked at me and began to smile, and embraced me in a tight hug.
" Jess, " he whispered in my ear, his breathe heavy on my neck. " This is great! "

He pulled me back keeping both hands on my shoulders, " We're gonna have a baby! " He shouted.

I smiled and stood up to take off my hoodie, to reveal the small bump in my belly. " Look, " i smiled, turning sideways.

" Oh my god, " he whispered putting his hand on my stomach.

He stood up next to me and looked deeply into my eyes, " I love you, " He kissed me hardly, crashing his lips against mine. " We're gonna have a baby! " He said breaking the kiss, "We're gonna be parents Jess, "

" I know, i know! I'm happy too! " I kissed back, smiling when he spun me around.

" How long have you known? " He said laying me down.

" The day after you left, " i lied but smiling to cover it up.

" You should have called me babe, " He kissed me again.

" I wanted to tell you in person! " I kissed back.

We laid down on the couch, speechless of what to say, we were both so excited.

" Do you think it's gonna be a boy or a girl? " I asked giggling.

" How about a boy, so our next kids can have a big brother to look out for them. " He said with his head held high.

" Next kids? " I asked being a tease.

" Yeah, of course? " He answered teasing back.

We both laughed, " Okay let's make a deal, you give me 10 bucks if it's a boy, and i'll give you 10 bucks if it's a girl? "

" You're on! " I answered.

We went to bed shortly after, it's been a long day and my back was really hurting. Ryan was being perfect, he rubbed my back until i fell asleep, he cuddled my tightly, told me he loved me and i fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning, i woke up and he wasn't there, only a note on his pillow.
'Jess, i had to work today, meet me at my place at 4! Ryan. "

I smiled at the letter and the endless amount of x's & o's. Today, marks 2 months since i've got pregnant.
I began to think about what was going to happen in month 9, Ryan would think it's still only month 8 and he would panic when the baby came, thinking it was early.
I still haven't told my Dad, or Pattie. The media hasn't found out, and once they do, everyone will.
I was thinking tonight, Ryan and I could drive out to see my Dad & Pattie and tell them the news. I've only seen them 3 times since we've moved in to our own place.

I went to the mall today, and went browsing for little baby toys, i ended up buying a snuggle blanket, and a cute baby elephant. It was hard to buy anything yet, we don't even know what the gender is.

I drove over to Ryan's house at 4 and let myself in, like he told me to do. I waited on his couch.
His place was nice, it was a condo 2 roads over from mine. The place was bigger and more modern.
His walls were a dark blue, with all white cabinetry, light granite counter tops and all dark leather couches. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Plenty of room for a family...

10 short minutes later Ryan walked through the door, " Oh hey babe! " He greeted me as i walked over to give him a kiss.
He gently rubbed my tummy as our lips touched gently.
" How are you today? Feeling good? " He asked kissing my forehead.

" Yeah, i'm great! How was work? "

" Like any other day! " He answered making his way to the fridge.

" You want a coke? " He asked.

" Yeah, i'd love one! "

He cooked spaghetti and to my surprise it was really good. He doesn't look like the cooking type, but he really is good at it.
" I'm having a party tomorrow, you'll come right? " He asked putting his arms around my waist and bringing me outside on the back patio.

" A party? "

" Yeah, just a few friends! "

" Yeah, i'll come! " I answered.

" No alcohol for you! " He teased.

I laughed, " Obviously. "

" I was thinking tomorrow would be a good opportunity to tell people our good news? " He asked.

" Yeah, we should! " I said trying to sound as excited as possible.

Then i remembered, Justin won't be there. I felt a sigh of relief come over me, it might be a little better without him there, i won't have to face the disappointed look on his face, and i won't have to watch him lie about it.
It's killing me, i'm lying to Ryan, to everyone. Justin can only stand there and watch me lie, to everyone about his own child.

I broke down, right in front of Ryan. Bawling, screaming. I buried my head in my hands. " This is all my fault. "