Disagreements and Disappointments

Delilah's Point of View

I wake up on top of Harry. He is looking at me and I figured that he had been doing it for a bit and moved on.

I lay my head on his chest just reveling in his presence then I realize the predicament I'm in and go to stand up. Except I can't because Harry has his arms wrapped securely around my waist.

"Harry don't do this to me. Please." I say looking up at him.

"I love you!" he says and I say it back.

"Like hell! Get the hell up right fucking now!" Zonnique says.

I get up and she pushes me out of the room.

"I expect you to get dressed and leave immediately!" she says and slams the door shut. I go down the stairs and in to the kitchen.

"What the hell are you thinking Del?!" she fumes.

"I don't care what he did Zonnique! I just, I want him!" I say softly.

"Dee-Dee, I know that you're struggling with this and I get that you love him, you have a child together. But I can't have you go back to him and get hurt again. I would never forgive myself!" she tells me.

"But it's not fair! Everyone gets their happily ever after and I'm stuck here alone forever!" I cry.

"Would you rather be alone forever or be with him and feel hurt everyday because he cheated on you?" she asks me.

"So I have to?" I ask.

"Yeah, you do." she says sadly.

"Okay, I know what I have to do!" I say on the verge of tears.

"It's for the best!" she says just as Harry appears in front of us holding Casey.

Zonnique holds her arms out to signal that she wants the baby and Harry kisses her head and gives her up.

After Zonnique leaves the room Harry engulfs me in a hug. I lean into him and savor the moment before I push him away.

"No, Harry I can't do this with you. You've hurt me, and um, I can't be with you!" I say blinking back tears.

"But I love you!" he says grabbing my hands.

"I'm sure you do Harry, and I love you too but I can't live with the fact that you lied to me. You told me you would never cheat on me or break my heart and you did both so I gotta get over it. It might not happen anytime soon, but it will happen. It's for the best." I say.

He pulls me into a kiss.

"I will never stop loving you Delilah. Never ever, so don't ever think I will!" he says and leaves with tears in his eyes.

Zonnique comes back into the kitchen and grabs me into a hug.

"I didn't want to do it!" I cry into her shoulder.

"I know but you had to, to get better and move on!" she says.

"Daddy would be so proud of you if he were here!" she says.

I smile at the mention of my father because he is my rock, my biggest supporter and he just wants what's best for me. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Love to you all!~Delilah Sapphire