#7- Percabeth (And Luke)

(credits to someones comment on Instagram. I just down know who.)

Thank you, mysterious instagram commentor.

***********

Chapter 7: Percy, Annabeth and Luke

"Daddy! Mommy!" Percy's and Annabeth's child, Luke came running up to them. Yep, this was the Luke Castellan that chose to reborn. Annabeth didn't give birth to him, no. By some twisted fate, (or godly powers), they found this precious 2 year old boy curling up by the door with a blanket and clutching a letter in his fist. 

"What is it?" Annabeth asked Luke, her eyes shining with happiness. Annabeth swore she would care well for this little boy and ensure that he wasn't neglected, like in his past life.

"Look at this." he grinned mischievously. In his hand was a golden necklace, with a pendant of a caduceus. Annabeth glanced behind Luke and glared at Percy, who was laughing silently. This boy was barely 5 years old and he had already nicked of a necklace. Hermes powers strike again.

And about Hermes... was Luke's godly side showing? Stealing, getting a golden necklace with a pendant of a caduceus.

"Luke, why don't you go play on the swings for a while? Mummy and daddy set up the picnic." Annabeth smiled. She loved being able to address herself as 'Mummy' to Luke. It would have seemed impossible to think about last time, as Luke, first Luke, was so much older than her.

Annabeth then dragged Percy under a shady tree, far enough so Luke wouldn't hear them.

"I think his godly powers are showing, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth whispered as she and Percy spread out the striped mat.

"How can you be so sure?" Percy asked. Annabeth sighed. She knew Percy loved Luke; their kid Luke, nearly as much as Annabeth did. Annabeth was glad Percy didn't hold grudges, although why should he? Percy just wasn't one to hold grudges. Now with Nico Di Angelo? That was a different story. Though he isn't so bad now. Quite pleasing, with something to live for.

"Think about it. We' re in a playground. A playground, Percy. Luke loves the park, you know it do you? But he never steals anything from there. He is usually occupied with the swings and the climbing spider web. This is not a mall. Where could he have stolen the necklace? Did you witness it, Percy?"

"It was lying on a bench." Percy admitted. "Exactly. Too big of a coincidence ain't it? A necklace lying by the bench, Luke taking it, and it has a pendant of a cadeceus on it! Isn't that one of Hermes symbols?" Annabeth said.

"You're scared of losing him are you? Afraid what he would do if he knew his real parentage and the truth and make the same mistake all over again?" It was one of those times where Percy really understood his wife.  (A/N ooh! they're married!)

Annabeth's lip quivered. "Wise Girl, you know we cannot lie to him. We cannot make his whole life a lie. We have to tell him the truth eventually. And-" "From then on it's his choice, his path." Annabeth breathed. She was actually impressed how deep Percy thought about this.

"Don't be so impressed. I thought of this so long before accepting it well." Percy chuckled, recognizing Annabeth's expression. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Mummy, Daddy, I'm hungry." Luke stood before them with a cheeky smile but a tired-from-playing look. "And what were you talking about?" he added, quick, before even Annabeth could reply.

"You're a fast one." Percy grinned. "Someday you'll know, my boy. Now shall we start eating or I'd eat of all the sandwiches except for tuna. I mean, why would you pack that?"

"No daddy! Save some for me!" Luke giggled. Annabeth watched them with a smile. Luke would have to grow up soon and make his choices. But for now, Annabeth was going to treasure the years left.