Chapter 15

“Okay are you ready?” she slung her bag over her shoulder.

“Yes. No. I'm not sure.” 

“Okay what are you not sure about?” she asked, pulling her red hair back.

“What if we get hurt.” I questioned.

“Okay if some sketchy guy wants something, then I have pepper spray,” she tossed a can to me, luckily I caught it “I have a stun gun. And I took karate for 7 years. I'm a pro. Don’t worry. No sketchy guy will get in the way of young love.” She went all warm.

“Let's do this!” I pulled my hood over my head. She copied my actions. 

I tiptoed downstairs watching Daisy’s every move.

 I grabbed some drinks from the fridge and walked into the living area. 

Oh crap. 

Callum fell asleep on the couch. He looks so cute when he is sleeping. His beach blonde hair pressed against the light colored pillow. His mouth is open, probably dreaming about something deep. I fished out my phone and took a photo. What better time than to take a picture of my body guard in his most vulnerable time. 

Before I know it I and Daisy are pushing my car down a road.  

“Why do we have to do this?” I asked Daisy wondering whether I pulled a muscle or not.

“You’ve never done this have you?” I shook my head. 

“Well your parents are just down there. If you turn on the engine they’re gonna hear. And come on, who drives around at 3 in the morning on a private road?”

“True.”

After 10 minutes of pushing my car she finally says the 5 words that I’ve been dying to hear. “We can get in now.”

“Finally.” I muttered while entering the car.

I start the engine, while Daisy gets her phone out.

“Damn it.” She sighed.

“What?”

“My phone was on silent. Tasha called like 19 times.” She didn’t move an inch.

“Why would she be calling you at 3am?” I questioned, taking a turn left.

“She probably went to a party.” She held her phone to her ear.

“Hey Tash what's up?”

“No Tash, I'm out.”

“Tash I'm busy. Isn’t Quinn there or something?”

“No don’t do that.”

“Tasha, I'm not!” she faced the window.

“Okay where is it?”

“Natasha, hold on. Don’t go anywhere.” She turned to me “Um she is hammered and needs a lift home. Can we pick her up please?”

“Yeah sure, where is it?” 

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as she directed me to the party.

We pulled up to a house, not too far away from the park.

The house must’ve looked beautiful in the day, but now it looks like a college disaster party house. There is balloons and red plastic cups everywhere. Some people passed out on the lawn. Also on the lawn is a tall, much tanned girl with dark brown (almost black) looking very intoxicated.

Daisy stuck her heard out of the window.

“Tash we are here.” Despite Daisy calling her over, she still looked confused. 

Daisy instantly saw this and got out of the car.

She walked up to the intoxicated Tasha and hugged her. They took about five minutes before entering the car.  The five minutes consisted of hugging kissing and whispering about god knows what.

“Hi I'm Natasha.” She climbed into the car.

“Hey I’m um Peyton.” I took a U turn when Daisy put on her seat belt.

“You have really pretty hair. Doesn’t she Murphy?” Tasha grinned.

“Yeah she does.” Daisy blushed at the nickname.

“Why do you call her Murphy?” I giggled.

“She is really clumsy.” Tasha stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows still not understanding the choice of name.

“She named me after Murphy’s Law; anything that can go wrong will go wrong.” Daisy explained.

I nodded.

We finally ended up at the park. I was kinda scared to have Tasha in the car. I was worried that she would throw up in Betsy.

I spoke too soon. Tasha started gagging.

I gave a worried look to Daisy.

“Okay let's go get some air.” Daisy jumped out dragging Tasha with her. 

I watched Daisy and Tasha wander off in the park. I rolled down my window and stuck my head out. I stared at the glistening moon. It looks so beautiful. 

“Hey!” the deep voice startled me.  I lifted my head up and hit it on the car door. 

“Are you okay?” he asked me while I rubbed my head in comfort.

“No. Get in.” I opened the passenger door.

Jc got in.

“Hi,” he sat down where Daisy had recently been sitting. He cupped my cheeks and leaned in. All of my troubles, all of my worries. Forgotten. Just in one kiss.

“Hey. I've missed you.”

“I've missed you too.”

“So how’s it going?” I smiled

“Um nothing too exciting has happened. Sammers and Trevor miss you, well all the guys do.”

“Aw I miss them too.”

“So um I gotta tell you something.” He stared down at his feet.

“What is it?” I smiled.

He opened his mouth like he looked like he was about to say something. But nothing came out.

“You know what forget it.” He finally came out and said.

“No something is up. Tell me.” I playfully hit his arm.

“Um a couple of days ago I went to a party with the guys. I got really drunk and I was dancing and there was this girl,” I didn’t like where this was going. “And she came over to me. I was really drunk. And we started dancing and she kissed me.” he stopped.

I tried my best not to get jealous. After all we’ve been through so many obstacles to be together, if we fight we will have a happy ending. I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I will fight for the one I love.

“What, is that it?” I asked staring into his beautiful eyes of wonder and mystery. This may sound so cheesy, but I could honestly get lost in them.

“Peyton I slept with her.”