Chapter 17

2 MONTHS LATER

I was in the clinic with Callum waiting for my mom’s sonogram. Callum was pretty much family now. We were spending a huge amount of time together; he is like my big brother. 

“So why did you want to become a bodyguard?” I asked Callum.

“Um I wanted to look after pretty young ladies and fight off bad guys.”

“No seriously- wait you think I'm pretty?” I smiled.

“You're beautiful.” He smiled.

“I wanted to become a body guard because when I was a kid my dad died. He always protected my family. He was the best dad you could ask for. He was in the army and he got a lot of medals. I used to sit on his knee and he would tell me all of the stories about being out in trenches, saving people. It was all really worth it. But one time, her went out to Afghanistan and his friend was in danger,” tears were filling his bright blue eyes. I held his hand “And he went to go save him. His friend made it out, but he didn’t. He died a hero. I was the only man and it was my reasonability to look after my family. A few years later my mom dated this abusive guy. Used hit her. I was weak and useless and I couldn’t even look after my own family. All I ever wanted to do was look after my mom and sister. But I couldn’t. I used dream about it. One day he went too far. There was a bruise on her face when I came home from school. I snapped and I dealt with him. And I fulfilled my wish. I protected them. And it felt good so I continued doing that. And here I am.” He smiled.

I hugged him because I knew that was hard for him.

When I leaned out, he leaned in. And kissed me.

Strangely enough, I kissed back. It didn’t feel like Jc’s kisses. His were rough and sloppy, whereas Jc’s were passionate and meaningful.

I don’t know what came over me. Maybe Callum is just a rebound. Well I certainly don’t see him as a brother anymore.

“Peyton.” He broke the kiss “I really like you. And I know that you feel the same way,” do I now? “And when you're around my stomach gets tied in knots. And I really want to be with you. So Peyton,” please don’t say it, please don’t say it “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Callum, I like you as well but, I just got out of a relationship and I if we do date I will push you away. Because I guess I'm afraid.”

“If you really like me as some much as you say then you would be with me.” 

“Yes. I will be your girlfriend. Callum if I push you away-” he interrupted with a kiss.

“You won't push me away because, you like me as much as I like you.”

I guess I'm dating Callum now. I know what you're thinking. But I didn't want to break his heart. I know how that feels.

____________________________________________

2 chapters in one day!! im on fire. 

i litteraly just wrote this five mins ago. 

it's really short i  know.

i just wanted to clear things up. 

No more Jeyton. it's now pallum or ceyton. 

it doesnt sound right does it?

well i got a quote for ya:

If you're a bird, I'm a bird.

where is that from. tell me in the comments!

-Preshie x