Chapter 1

I walk away from my father's dead body with my hand still on the family sword. I call out Sylvia, my best friend who had been through with me from the very start.

"Sylvia, let's go,"

"Yes ma'am!" Sylvia salutes and walks right by my side "I have a question if you don't mind," Sylvia continues as she playfully kicks rocks.

"Shoot," I replied still facing the road.

"Why are you breaking your promise... You don't really do that," Sylvia asks worriedly.

"Look around you Syl," I sighed "this world is a mess..., my father knew what path I was going to take and I guess you can say he was proud of me. Sacrificing your own life for a chance to change the world. I will tame that demon and use it's power to change everything. Even if it means breaking my own pride and my promise," I continue.

"Heh, I knew you would have a good reason... you always do," Sylvia jumps at me and hugs my right arm.

"Hey quit it! You're heavy!" I complained but she just giggles. I smile at her. it's nice knowing that you have someone who will always stay by your side.

Where we're going next is to Sylvia's place. There are something that she wanted to do before we go and find our friends.

As we enter their house, we hear the sounds of swords clashing together. There was a fight going on inside. Sylvia being worried rushed in and find their house painted in blood... What the hell is going on. I rushed inside behind her and saw her brother Alex killing everyone of their family. Sylvia tried to stop Alex by dragging him away and pinning him down to the floor.

"Alex! What are you doing?!" Sylvia cried out with tears spilling. There was so much blood that it basically flooded the house. It smelt horrible and dead bodies pilled up on top of another. It was horrible.

"They're the reason why we're like this! If I don't kill them, they'll kill us!" Alex struggled as hard as he could and Sylvia fell to the pool of blood staining her clothes.

"What are you saying?! They raised us, taught us how to fight, they're our family!" Sylvia argued.

"No they're not! They kidnapped us!" Alex stood up and yelled.

"You're insane!"

"Our real family are out there somewhere," Alex looked down and shaped his hands into a fist.

"What do you mean by real family?!" Sylvia grabbed Alex's collar and cried. Alex hand Sylvia a voice recorder and made her listen to it.

"Once we kill the twins we'll be able to sell their corpse and especially since they've now matured, we'll get a fortune!" The voice recorder played and Sylvia's eyes widened.

"W-what about Cynthia! Don't tell me she was in on this," Sylvia's knees and hands were trembling. She started running around the house trying to find Cynthia's body but she couldn't.

"S-Sylvia," a weak voice was heard around the house and Sylvia quickly tried to find the source of the voice.

"Cynthia!" Sylvia exclaimed as she found her lying on the floor. She was covered with blood and bruises "Alex! What did you do to her?!" Sylvia yelled with tears streaming down her face.

"I-I...," Alex looked down not being able to look Sylvia in the eyes.

"Sylvia..., Alex didn't do this. I did," Cynthia touched Sylvia's cheeks leaving blood marks on her face "oh look what I've done..., I dirtied your beautiful face," Cynthia said in a weak voice but she was still smiling. Sylvia held Cynthia's hand to her face and she shook her head.