Chapter 8

"Lucia!" Lilith yelled over and I walked over toward her "can we please cuddle?" Lilith pleaded with puppy dog eyes and I rolled mine.

"No," I sighed as we kept on walking to Azeck. The place where we destroyed.

"Please!" Lilith jumped up and down still in her demon form and I stopped walking.

"Lilith, I will cuddle with you when we get to a shelter so please go turn into your human form!" I retorted and she just pouted like a little kid.

"You know, I never knew that a demon who destroyed the whole world could be this cute," Sam smiled and cuddled with Lilith as they were walking.

"But I didn't do it!" Lilith pouted.

"You didn't?" Sam questioned as they stopped cuddling.

"Yeah! I was framed!" Lilith pointed out as cutely as she could.

"Don't listen to her Sam, she's just trying to get you on her side and then she'll want you to betray us," Serah kept on walking with crossed arms.

"But it's true! I didn't do it! My brothers did!" Lilith complained like a little child "so every time I get passed on to a new owner, I kept telling them but they wouldn't listen! Your dad didn't listen!" Lilith pointed to me while I was leading the way to Azeck.

"What about my mom?" I asked tired of her crap.

"She was the first one to believe me," Lilith looked down and her voice quieted down.

"So you're the reason why she died," I scoffed but I shook any anger away.

"No! She died protecting me!" Lilith argued and I stopped and turned around to Lilith and grabbed her by her human form's collar.

"Why would she ever protect a demon like you!" I yelled at her in anger and she looked at me with sad and guilt.

"I tried to let your dad see what happened when my brothers destroyed this planet by possessing you but he was going to kill me with the sacred sword so your mom went and took the hit for me and you," Lilith explained. Everyone looked at us but they knew they couldn't do anything "she believed me! Your dad didn't give me a chance and the only way to show him was to possess you!" Lilith continued.

"Why me?!" I yelled again.

"Because you're a half demon like your mom!" she bursted out and my eyes widened making me drop Lilith's collar.

"Enough with your bullshit!" I took the sacred sword out and was about to slash her but Sam stopped me with her abilities. She grew a small tree to grasp the blade away "what are you doing?!" I yelled at her.

"You're not listening to her!" Sam yelled which everyone was even more surprised about "you're just like your dad! You never gave Lilith a chance to explain!" Sam continued.

"What the hell do you know?!" I stared into Sam's eyes with darkness but she didn't back down.

"We all just heard what Lilith said," Sam complained.

"She might be lying, she's a demon after all," Sylvia argued.

"I don't know much about demons but I'm sure some of them even just a small bit aren't all that evil!" Sam pleaded desperate to save Lilith.

"She made a deal with Lucia about taking her body!" Alex shot down her defence.

"Only crossroad demons can make deals, I just wanted to know how it felt like," Lilith looked down in embarrassment.

"It's true," Serah sighed.

"How would you know?" Anna asked.

"I went back home and talked to one of the scholars there and asked about demons and possessions. He told me a lot," Serah simply explained.