Chapter 19: "Holy shit!"

Alexis:

      today was shit!

I felt like shit!

  I watched as Sarah walk past our lunch table to go sit at the farthest table from mine.

     John shot me an Apologetic look before following her.

  tears Welled up in my eyes.

     its been the same thing since I got to school.

  Her ignoring me and me feeling helpless.

  John sticking with her and me ignoring Mike.

    "we need to talk" I jumped at the sound of Mikes angered tone.

  I sighed "im not in the mood right now!" i said.

"Well neither am i considering your ignoring me!" he said and i stood up grabbing my uneaten food and throwing it away before i turned around and walked off.

     I could here him following me but i was to tired and sad to care.

   "Can someone please tell me what the HELL is going on?!?!" he yelled as he pulled me to a sudden stop.

     "You and Sarah are not talking! John keeps sending you pitiful looks, you look like you hate life! And to make matters worst your ignoring me." he said and i looked away.

   "I'm not allowed to talk or be around you anymore."

   He looked taken aback for a second as he stared at me, shocked by my words.

  "I'm sorry Mike....this has been fun and all b-but i cant keep lying to my brother. He was really upset yesterday a-and i don't want to go through that again." i said quietly, looking at the ground.

     Deep down i knew Sarah was right. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

   No matter how much it hurts.

         A few minutes past and he still stood there but no words escaped him.

  I quickly looked up into his eyes but wish i hadn't.

      The emotion shown as bright as day through his eyes felt like a blow to my heart.

   This time he let me see.

He didn't dare hide his hurt as he searched my gaze.

     I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I quickly closed my mouth as i saw him swallow hard.

    He gave me one simple nod, No words escaping his closed lips, before he spun on his heels and walked away.

   My throat dried up as one single tear slide down my face.

    I think i love you.

I turned around my mind in a jumbled mess to see Sarah standing in front of me.

    "It was the only way sweety." she said before pulling me into a hug.

    I nodded softly but still let the sob rip through me.

  "Come on lets get out of here. Ill text your brother and tell him we went somewhere to talk." she said before pulling me through the double doors.

  I think i love him.
*********

John:

    That same Night:

"Fuck! Where the fuck is that little..." i trailed off as i pushed past many sweaty bodies.