3

Jordan's gaze was emotionless, just his standing there was intimidating though. He had a powerful aura, wether it belonged to him or the angel blood within him. "I know what you are. You and Ms. North. I can even see you wings right now." My muscles instantly tense hearing those words.

Summoning them back in, I folded my arms and stared at him. "Then you must know why I am here." His face lightened up and a small chuckle left his lips.

He looked down towards his feet and placed his hands in his pockets. "It's my time to die, isn't it?" I nodded my head slowly. "This ain't the first time a guardian has been sent to me." I raised my eyebrows, trying to hid the extreme anxiety building up inside of me. "I won't make it easy. I have plans and I plan to live to do them." With that he grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles. "Good luck, Angel."

I watched as he walked away, A sick feeling dwelling inside my stomach as he walked further and further away. "What was I assigned?" Looking to my left and right, I checked for any other students before I started to walk towards my next class.

Entering the room, my attention was immediately brought to Isaiah waving his hand at me. Once again sitting beside him, I smiled and took my books out. I honestly felt so shaken up I didn't want to talk to anyone. And it only got worse when I saw Jordan walk into the classroom. Smiling, he sat down beside me and leaned back into his chair.

My body tensed as his aura flooded over me. How do I deal with someone like this? My job is to make the move over comfortable but he has made it very clear he does not want to die. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. His focus was strictly on the books in front of him and I let out a gentle sigh. Hearing me, he turned his head slightly to look at me. He smirked before scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

Have I intimidated you Angel?

My body once again tensed up as I read the words. He's been through this so many times it's probably just a game to him. Not a matter of life or death. I shook my head before snagging the paper from his hands and crumpling it up. "Is there a problem Ms. North?" Isabelle's voice made me cringe. Of course she was my teacher for this class as well.
"Not at all." I spoke quietly.

"Are you passing notes with Mr. Rivers?" She raised a eyebrow at me, her face solemn as she tried to play hard. "We were just sharing schedules ma'am. Seeing what other classes we have together." Jordan's smooth answer even had me believe him.

Isabella nodded her head before turning back to the notes she had on the board. I shot a glare towards Jordan only to have him replying with the grin I was quickly becoming accustomed to.  Grabbing a piece of paper I wrote down a quick note to pass to him.

We don't need to be friends since you already know why I am here.

Shoving it over to him, I waited patiently for the paper to come back to me.

Aww Angel. I want to be your friend though :(

I scoffed, earning a hard stare from Isabella from the front of the class. She turned back around to continue and I quickly scribbled down on the paper.

I don't want to be friends. Get used to it. I'll be here when you go.

Pushing the paper back, I watched his face for any change of emotion. The grin only got bigger and he winked at me before shoving the paper into his pocket. What is this kid? He's dancing with death and acts like its a game.

The bell rang and I quickly made my way up to Isabella's desk. "Is this project some kind of joke? He knows what we are. He told me that this isn't the first time he's been called to die."