7

I didn't bother waking up Jordan even as I started to descend onto the familiar green fields in the mountains. It's almost seemed more lively this time, the green a much more vibrant colour, the water crystal blue as it reflected the night sky and the bright full moon above us. Everything seemed so lush and perfect. Touching down as gently as I could, I continued to carry Jordan towards the cabin to see Momma Mudd. The only sound was that of the water rushing to the pond, but otherwise it was blissfully quiet.

The door to the house squeaked open and out came Momma with a gentle, warm smile on her face "Adeline dear, I was expecting you. Is this him?" She questioned.

I looked at her confused and nodded my head. Trying to stay quiet, I walked closer to her so I could some what manage a whisper. "His name is Jordan Rivers. He can not die. He can explain everything to you when he wakes." She smiled and cupped my face. "Fate is a curious thing, bringing you two together. He is very handsome, isn't he?" I took the moment to let a smile of my own to appear. "He is Momma. He has changed my life in just two days."

She raised her eyebrows at me and let a small chuckle grace the silence. "My my, he must be something else to tame my young fireball." I laughed and let her wrap one arm around me to hug me to her side. "I will life the charm for you, but I need to pluck a feather. Are you ready?" She asked.

I nodded and bit down on my lip. It doesn't seem like something that would hurt, but for us it's like taking a chunk of the persons soul. Of course we get it in return, but our body's ache until that time comes. She looked at me with soft eyes as she reached behind my and gripped the small feather she could. "Deep breaths darling. It'll be quick." I nodded and looked down at Jordan in my arms.

Within three seconds she yanked and I could feel a single feather pull apart from my wings. Instant nausea swept over my body and I struggled to not drop Jordan. My eyes blurred and my mind turned to mush as I tried to comprehend the tiniest thing. I struggle with the fog in my mind to make my feet move ahead so I could safely get Jordan into her house. I cried out as each step felt like a crack in my body. Momma gripped my elbows and guided me inside. I could feel my arms start to strain and shake, so somehow bitting down on my lip would relive the pain. All it did though was intensity. I could feel my blood start to spill down my chin as my teeth dig further into my skin. "You can let him down dear. Just release your arms." I obeyed without a second thought and as soon as he was safe I collapsed to the floor.

I could feel my wings shake with pain and my own body quiver as it went through waves of agony. I cried silent tears in fear of waking up Jordan. I tried to raise my head up to look at him but could only manage a sad cry. Momma sat down on the floor beside me and started to pet my hair in a soothing motion "Shh baby girl... drink this." She handed me a small glass with a clear liquid in it. She covered my hands when I took the glass to help the shaking and brought it to my lips.

The liquid was hot as it entered my mouth, but instantly brought relief from the pain. I could feel every drop as it went down my dry, irritated throat. I stifled further cries as I tried to finish the juice she gave me. She continued to pet my head as I lay on her lap, sniffling and recovering from the paralyzing pain of losing a feather. That's why a guardian or celestial never give out there feathers. It's too painful of a process to give to just anyone. Although if you're lucky enough to get a feather, you are guaranteed protection from any human game. Including diseases, physical or even emotional harm. It's a divine shield in a sense, just as long as the feather is touching your skin.

"Feel better baby girl?" I looked up at her from her lap and tried to smile, but only grimacing instead and resting my head back down. "Almost 100%." I chocked.