Jordan

You may think guardians have this super sweet ability of finding their project, but we don't. We have to try to fish through the crowd to find them, not a single clue to who they may be besides the name and birthday. I kept my eyes wide as other students bumped into me and shoved through to get to their first morning classes. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I decided it was probably best that I did the same.

Dishing out my schedule from my khakis pocket, I stood and analyzed the chart. Math first, with Mr. Wrights then a science course then lunch. "Eh, that's not bad. Lunch isn't too far away." I whispered to myself.

Feeling someone standing behind me, I quickly turned my head to come face to face with a black haired, green eyed boy. He carried high cheek bones and his face seemed to be more mature then what his age was. I stared at him with a sense of familiarity. "Do I know you?" I questioned. The boy shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my chart from my hands. "Ah. We have math together. Would you like me to show you around?" I'm sure my doubt showed on my features, but I nodded my head anyways, waving my hand forward to let him know he can lead.

We walked through the cramped halls close to each other before he took a sharp left into a classroom. He let out a relieved sigh before smiling at me and motioning to follow him to a seat. We both sat down next to each other and I guess he figured now was the time to finally introduce himself. "My name is Isaiah Rivers, by the way." He smiled at me. So that's who he was, possibly Jordan's brother? The last name was the same.

Taking his right hand into my own, I smiled back. "Hazel. Hazel North." He smiled, his white teeth sticking out from his tanned face. "Pleasure to meet you Hazel." I nodded in return before turning my attention to getting my books out of my bag.

"So where did you move from?" I looked at Isaiah confused. "You're obviously new here."

I let out a huff of air before working back on getting organized. "I originally came from Ireland with my family. We moved to Canada while I was young but lived in Saskatchewan before here." He nodded before he started to get organized as well.

Well with the first piece of the puzzle in, it shouldn't be too hard to try and find Jordan. I'm assuming this would be his brother, Isaiah just by the similar last name. I'll have to make sure to ask about his family and hopefully get information about Jordan. "So have you lived here your whole life?"

Isaiah looked up from his books at me, his eyes lazy like he just took a nap. "Huh?" He questioned. I looked at him dumbfounded. Wait, was he seriously just sleeping?

"I asked if your family has lived here your whole life." He let out a small laugh before nodding. "Yeah, something like that."

I groaned inwardly. So he's a minimalist with his answers. Great. "Is it just you and your parents?"

"Nope."

"Who else is around?"

"I got siblings and a dog."

I felt like I could strangle him.

"I wish I had a brother or sister."

"No you don't."

"Do you have a brother?"

"Yep."

"Is he younger then you?"

"Nope."

I felt my eyelid twitch as I dug for answers from this guy. Keeping my frustration at bay, I decided to drop the conversation and focus on my books. As soon as the teacher walked in, a low hush came over the classroom as he introducing himself and started the lesson.