12

Jordan and I sat under the sky as we watched the sun fade behind the clouds on the horizon. He laid beside me on his back, holding his head with his hands as he closed his eyes and began to relax from the heat of the evening. "What happens if she destroys this dimension?" He quickly spoke.

I shrugged my shoulders and let out a small sigh. "Humans will perish. The originals will probably be fine, as they can jump through dimensions. But the rest of us, we'll be shit out of luck." He let out a small chuckle and sat up beside me. "Aren't you a ray of sunshine?"

I laughed and bumped him with my shoulder, shaking my head slightly at his light hearted attitude. "I never thought I would say this, but I miss my family."

I turned to look at him, but his eyes were turned down as a depressing look took over his usually bright expressions. "I understand, Jordan. I used to go see my parents all of the time but had to stop when it came too much. When I became a guardian, they cleared my parents memory of anything that involved me. I now have parents who have no idea who I am. Or that I was their only daughter." I sighed, the overwhelming feeling of grief rolling over me in waves.

I felt his arm grip my far shoulder as he pulled me into his body. "Hey. We got each other now, so that's something, right?" I looked into his forest green eyes and couldn't help but humour his naivety. Nodding my head slowly, I let it drop onto his shoulder as we continued to watch the sun slowly go down.

"How much time do I have left?" His voice broke the silence, causing me to slightly jump at the sudden sound. "I honestly don't know, Jordan. Myself and the others will fight to keep you alive though, you know that right?"

He smiled brightly at me and nodded his head. "You're not my Angel just because." I blushed at his words, the unfamiliar feeling of heat rising to my cheeks causing them to become even more red.

"Adeline... are you... are you blushing right now?" He spoke sarcastically but I couldn't muster any sass as I dropped my head lower, hoping my hair would cover my face. " his laughed filled the silence and I was all of a sudden tackled to the ground. Laying on my back with Jordan hovering above me, his eyes were bright with mischief as a small smirk played on his lips. "Do you have feelings for me Angel?"

I could tell through his tone of voice if he was teasing me or not, so I simply raised a eyebrow at him and watched his smirk get even bigger. "Oh Angel. Have I finally broke down those brick walls? Will that pretty little mouth give me my answers?" I felt yet another blush crawl up my neck and reach my cheeks. He slowly lowered his head closer and now his lips were just near inches from my own.

"If only you weren't Grimm's kid. Then I could just ask you and I wouldn't get any sass what's so ever." His voice was just above a whisper and I held my breath, anticipating his next move.

He all of a sudden jerked up and sat on my legs, successfully pinning me to the ground. "What? No sass now? Have I tongue tied you Angel?" I still struggled to find the right words to say to him that could communicate my feels. The only problem was, my mind was too tangled to even decipher anything.

My eyes searched his green ones, a darker shade from now own jade like eyes. "Angel..." he whispered, before once again lowering his head down to rest right beside my own, on my shoulder. "I really don't want to die, but I can't help but feel like this is it."

My arms seemed to move on there own as I brought them around his back in a tight hug, causing him to lose his balance and fall on top of me in a heavy embrace. I just held him there, knowing that tears were about to fall. Just as I thought it, I felt the first sob make its presence as his body jolted. "I really don't have a choice, do I?" He cried.