~Chapter 3~

*Edited*

Today is the last day available for people to submit their names into the Goblet of Fire. 

It is a slightly gloomy day, with an overcast sky and a chance of rain. Hermione dragged me out of the warm common room to study in the Library, which was equally warm, but involved us walking a decent amount through the cold to get there. We studied for a while before she decided it was time to go. I suggested we go and watch people put their names in the Goblet, and she did not object.

As we make our way through the castle, we say little to each other. The silence is friendly, though, and not hostile or awkward. We had just said all there was to say. As we round another corner, we come face to face with a pair of grey eyes. 

"Hello newbie, Granger." He says, his voice cold and uninviting,

The same grey eyes I was told to stay away from. I try and walk around Draco, and avoid contact, but I fail. Hermione avoids him adeptly, but he and I do that awkward 'which way do you want to go' dance, choosing the same way every time. We stop, and I blush red. He sighs, rolling his eyes and placing his hands on my shoulders. He walks around me, moving me with him. We stop, and I pull away from him.

"You didn't answer me the other day, Newbie, where are you from?" He asks,

We came to a halt, or I did, but Hermione had her heart set on continuing walking and attempts to drag me along. I shake her hand off my arm,

"I don't really, er, know... I'm McGonagals adopted daughter," I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow attempting to look cool, "I assumed most people knew that," 

"Nifty. What's your name again, Newbie?"

"It's Clara, and I would appreciate it if you started using it." I snap, a bit harsher then I wanted.

"I will, maybe, Newbie" He smiles, "Though I'm sure they-" He nods to Hermione, who is standing behind me, giving me looks, "Have told you my name, I thought I would introduce myself. I am Draco Malfoy." He holds out his hand, giving me a friendly grin. I just stare at it.

"I won't bite, what have they told you?! I'm trying to be nice, which I am capable of by the way Granger!" He calls over my shoulder. I sigh and shake his hand. He glances at it, "Nasty scar, anyway, I'll see you 'round."

He turns and continues the way we came, and I stand there, watching him go.

"Come ON" Hermione grabs my hand and pulls me along. "What was that?! We said stay away, not make friends with, Clara."

"He seems nice."

"Yeah, that's the problem."

"He's curious about me."

"Curious about you? I'll give you curious about you." She stops, and I do too.

"What?" I give her a perplexed look, "Hermione, what are you doing?"

"Where did you get your scar, Clara." I look away, "Clara please, what is your last name?"

She knew. Of course she did. The scar gave it away. The same shape as Harry's, the same size. The fact the teachers didn't address me with my last name. She was the smart one, the boys were left in the dust. Of course she knew.

"You know what it is." I murmur, looking her in the eye. "But no one can know."

"Not even Harry?"

"Especially not Harry. He just... If he knows, it puts him, and me in danger. I can't do that."

"So you're his sister. His twin sister?"

"Yes.."

She smiles. "You're secret is safe with me. Don't stress, Miss Potter."

We continue walking and drop the subject completely. The air between us seems clear. She seems happier to know the truth than to wonder. I smile, I feel free. I've had a secret so dangerous and destructive on my shoulders for years, and no I can tell someone. Albeit she did figure it out on her own, but then again, I was glad she didn't hear the answer from someone else. I got to drop the bombshell.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*

Helloooo!

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise the next one will be long!

Please VOTE and COMMENT what you think will happen next!

^_^ Have a lovely day! xx

-Taylor