~Chapter 17~

Vote if you enjoy! xx

(Haha kept you all waiting! Thanks for all the comments lovelies!)

Harrys POV

*Edited*

I could see how scared she was. She nods at me and turns away, putting the Gillyweed in her mouth. Her hands are balled into fists and her shoulders hunch. The cannon goes and she dives into what I can assume is freezing cold water, surprisingly, without any hesitation. I walk over to the edge of the stand, trying to see something, but I can't- She's gone.

Neville, Ron, Ginny and I sit along the side of the platform watching the water in silence. I feel calmer now- I hope that means she does. Ginny occasionally shoots me encouraging smiles which I return, but nothing else happens between the four of us. Whenever the water moves we all jump and look but it so far hasn't been anything but fish.

"I wonder where Hermione is..." Ron mutters, glancing at the rest of us. I wonder. She should be here unless something happened to her. What could have happened to her? It's not like she's hopeless, she can take care of herself. I sigh. leaning over my crossed legs and looking at my reflection in the dark water. To the left of where I was looking something comes spluttering to the surface. We look over to see Fleur. She is struggling to keep her head above water and someone has to get in and help her over and out. She sits, huddling on the wooden floor of the stand, shaking. She's covered in scratches. Madame Maxime is muttering words of comfort to her as she helps her away from the edge. We look back to the water.

About 10 minutes later, another comes spluttering to the surface. Cedric, with Cho on his arm. Where did she come from? The bottom of the black lake?

"Oh," I say, "That's where Hermione is."

Ron's face changes as he realises what this means.

"She's at the bottom of the bloody LAKE?!" Ron yells, jerking forward,

"Ron calm down, someone will get her, probably Clara. She'll be fine." Ginny says holding her brother back so he doesn't fall in.

Not long after, another person appears in the water. Viktor Krum. He seems to have turned himself into a shark for the task and shakes his head as he surfaces, and clinging onto his arm, is Hermione. She coughs and splutters, looking around bewildered as he helps her out of the water. I jump to my feet and push through the crowd of people asking how it went, how he did it. When I reach Hermione I take her arm and pull her out of the crowd. She gives me a thankful smile.

"Did you see her? Clara?"

"What?" She asks, "Clara is down there? I don't remember anything. Draco and I we-"

"Draco's down there too?!"

"Well, I assume so."

"But Clara said he left her a necklace as a good luck gift last night!" Hermione looks at me exhausted and confused, she shrugs. I sigh, "She just hasn't come back yet."

"Harry, I'm sorry but I can't help you. McGonagal explained what was going to happen to me and Draco last night in her office and then, pop! I'm here. I don't remember what happened in between, but I'm cold and tired." She states. I nod and lead to her over to the edge where we were sitting and Ginny greets her, wrapping one arm around her shoulder. The stands grow quite. They're been pretty quiet all day, but now, silence falls. The minutes slowly count down. Anticipation hangs in the air like fog. The water ripples in the same way-

I lurch sideways, pain streaking through my body. I'd been struggling to breathe for a while, but now- I curl up heaving as every part of my body starts to sting. Someone puts their hand on my shoulder. My vision starts to clear.