~Chapter 8~

Please vote if you enjoy xx

*Edited*

I've never seen Harry so pale. He walks into the Great Hall this as white as a sheet and looking exhausted. It's the day of the first task. He comes and sits next to me, staring down at the small piece of toast.

"Harry? How are you feeling?" I murmur, eyeing him. He shrugs, glancing at me, 

"I'm about to fight a dragon! I'm not exactly on top of the moon, Clara." He says coldly. 

"Right, yeah... Sorry for asking" I mutter, looking back at my breakfast. I know he's just stressed out, but it still hurts when he talks to me like that. He looks down at his hands, then back up at me,

"I'm sorry, Clara. I didn't mean that, I'm just on edge." He says awkwardly, as he attempts to smile. I look up and give him an understanding smile.

"And you should be on edge, Harry. But you would also eat something." Hermione says matter-of-factly, nodding down at Harry's untouched breakfast.

"I'm not hungry" 

"You're going to need the energy. Besides, eating will help pass the time."

"I don't want the dragon fight any sooner, Hermione!"

"You also don't want to be burnt to a crisp! Eat." 

Harry chews on some toast and manages to down an egg in the next thirty minutes, which is enough to satisfy Hermione. 

xxxxxx

The day passes quickly, from our first lesson to lunch, it all seems to blur past so that Harry, Hermione and I are all sitting at the Gryffindor table after what felt like only half an hour. The hall is buzzing with anticipation, and murmurs fly around about the contestants, bets placed and, in Harry's case, teasing taunts flutter passed. The babble that surrounds us only seems to effect Harry when it is aimed directly at him. Now he seems rather interested by his lunch. After not long at all, McGonagall marches up to us. The whole hall watches as she says, "Potter, the champions have to come down into the grounds now... you have to get ready for your first task." 

Harry steps over the bench and grimaces at Hermione and me, 

"Good luck Hary!" Hermione says smiling, I stand up to face him and attempt to give him a smile,

"Good luck! You'll be fine.." I say quietly,

He nods and follows McGonagall out of the hall. I slowly sit back down, looking over at Hermione. "He'll be alright, yeah?"

"Of course! Well, yes. I hope so."

Not long after Harry left, Hemione and I are weaving our way through crowds of student son the way to where the first task is. Eventually, we arrive and Hemione gets us a place on the stands. The stands are wooden and rather rickety, and they surround the arena in the circle. The people in the stands are brandishing flags of different colours, and banners that support or insult particular contestants. The arena is rocky and grey, with four dragon-sized doors and a cave in the sides. It looks like someone took a ragged mountaintop and put it in the stadium. We settle down into our spot and wait silently. My insides curl with every second that passes. I need to see Harry. I might be about to loose him... I need to see him again.

"I need to see Harry... do you think he's in that tent over there?" I ask, breaking our stressful silence,

"Um, yeah probably. I don't think you're meant to-" but I've already squeezed passed everyone on our row. I roll my eyes and smile,