Ch. 10 feels like Wonderland

( for all the sinners 😏😉)

Y/N) POV

My mouth wide open as I watch him leave. Wilford had never slapped me until now.

He was always such a gentleman to me, 'I thought he liked me' I think to myself. I started liking him, until now. Now I feel disappointed and hurt.

I don't want Wilford to hate me, I want him to like me, like he probably used to.

I walk after him, "why did you slap me!? don't walk away from me!!" I command.

Wilford stops in his tracks and suddenly turns around, "you cannot tell me what to do, nor shall I listen to you!" He says before continuing to walk in the big, main tent.

He walks to the middle of the big circle of sand where the shows used to be. I watch him from the entrance. He sits down on a wooden chair in the middle and looks up at the slight moonlight that shines through a hole in the big tent.

The plastic bag of heroin lays next to the chair. It's completely quiet. I sit on the first row in one of the many chairs around the performance circle.

I watch him, just sitting there. I hear myself breathing and somewhere in the distance, I hear his breathing too.  I begin to think that this is the most awkward silence I ever had.

I clear my throat, "where do I sleep?" I ask shyly. Wilford's head shoots up and he looks right at me with his eyes narrowed. He stands up and walks towards me. He leans on one of the colorful, big blocks that create the big circle.

"Already wanting to sleep, m'lady?" He asks, suddenly politely. I look up at him, confused once again, "well I think it's better that I stay away from you for a while" I say, crossing my arms.

Wilford just chuckles and shakes his head, "silly girl." He says before quickly climbing on the big block where you can walk on. He jumps off in front on me. 'This guy is stoned as fuck' I think as he approaches me on my small chair.

Wilford grabs the chair behind my shoulders, cornering my head between his arms, "we could have fun together" he says seductively.

I blush, not knowing what I want. Wilford DID slap me, but I kind of asked for that. But I still want to know the reason why he lost the circus. I grin seductively as an idea pops in my head.

'If I just get in his pants or something, he will have to tell me' I think as I gently take  his wrists which are close to my head. I look up at him and grin, "and what would that be...sir?" I ask seductively.

Wilford chuckles deep with his lips pressed together, "ohh, you naughty girl"  he says in a deep voice as he brings his face closer to mine.

"Wilford?" I hear a voice yell in the distance from outside the tent. Wilford quickly backs up as Mark walks in. "Mark?" I ask surprised. He chuckles, "not happy to see me?" He asks jokingly as he spreads his arms.

I run up to him and hug him, "of course I am" I say relieved. I hear Wilford groan annoyed behind me, "what would you be doing here at this midnight hour?" He asks.

Mark releases me again, letting me turn around to look at Wilford. "I figured you would be here since you have your stack of heroin still here"  Mark explains.

I narrow my eyes at Wilford, "you have more than that?" I ask, pointing at the bag in the middle of the circle. Wilford groans annoyed again as he rolls his eyes, "none. Of your. Buisness, missy" he says sassy before looking at Mark again.