Chapter 3: The receptionist> Helpful skater

I walked into the huge school building and made my way to the reception desk that was strait ahead of me.

With her black hair and turquoise ends, the receptionist at the desk looked young enough to be a student.

"Um... Hello?" I greeted, although it sounded more like a question.

Grey eyes looked up into my golden ones, and then looked back down at the computer in front of her.

"What is it? Are you lost?" She asked me. Her voice sounded posh, annoyed and aloof all at the same time.

"Um, I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me find my dorm, and the orientation room." I asked her, gaining my confidence.

"There is no orientation. Name?" She asked, still not looking up from her screen.

"Celeste, Celeste Starr? And what do you mean 'no orientation'?"

She typed on the keyboard, then looked at the screen for a while, before she went into a desk beside her and answered me.

"We don't have orientation's here. Just a day to unpack before school tomorrow. Room thirteen." She answered, holding up a key with a number thirteen keychain attached to it, along with a time table, and giving it to me.

"Thanks, but where-"

"Ryan I told you not to skateboard in the hallway this year!" The Receptionist yelled at a boy behind me.

He had red hair and red eyes to mach.

"But Aqua, it's so boring here! I have nothing to do, and you said you would hang out with me until Terry got here." He pouted at his last statement.

The receptionist, Aqua, sighed and answered the redhead.

"I told you I would hang out with you after my shift is over. If you want something to do, you can show this girl to her room." She actually sounded sorry when she answered him.

The boy's face lit up at the idea of doing something and he walked over to me.

"Hey! I'm Ryan, Ryan Seira, nice to meet you!" He smiled, holding out a hand for me to shake.

"Celeste Starr, nice to meet you Ryan." I replied.

"So, where are you staying?" He asked.

"Room thirteen."

"Ahh, the Celestial dorms. Aqua and I are in those dorms too! I'm in room three if you ever need me."

As we left the building he continued to tell me that room thirteen is the newest room at school, and that was added only twelve years ago.

We walked, well I walked and he skated, up to a two floor building. It had cream brick walls and above the entrance in giant writing said "CELESTIAL".

"Your room is on the second floor" Ryan checked his watch. "I have to go; my friend will get here at any minute now!" And with that, he sped off in the direction we just came in.

I walked up to the door and was surprised when it didn't open. Looking down I saw a card scanner.

'Oh goodie, I'm locked out'