The Girl In The Ripped Jeans

Chapter One

Andy Gray

  Beep! Beep! Beep!

 I suddenly woke up and accidentally knocked my my alarm clock off my side table.

I groaned, why does this happen every time?

I got up placing the clock back in its place when someone knocks on my door.

I open the door. It was Peter he was wearing a buisness suit, ready to head to work.

He smiles at me and says, " Todays the first day at school, are you sure your ready? After all you've been through. If you want to wait a week before start-"

I interrupt him, " Peter, I'm ready." I tell him, " I can't keep thinking about the past, I have a lot more life to live. I need to move on. The sooner the better." I continue and give him a smile.

He hugs me, " Stay away from trouble, alright?" He tells me as he pulls away.

 I snort. Then look up at him,"... Fine! I'll try," I mumble.

He smiles, " Alright get ready and Katie will drive you to school," He says.

 " Can't I drive myself to school?... I mean I don't hate Katie though I'm seventeen for crying out loud," I complain.

Peter chuckles, " Not today bud," He says softly hoping I would understand.

" Then when?" I ask.

" Soon, I promise. Now I have to head to the office. Good luck," He says and starts down the stairs.

I close the door, " Like I believe in luck," I mumble.

I start thinking about the time and start to get ready. I head to my washroom brush my teeth and take a 15 minute shower.

Then I changed into blue ripped skinny jeans, a Toronto Raptors jersey and put on small lace- up combat boots.

 I straightened my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail.

 I then grabbed my button up coat and headed down stairs not thinking about checking in the mirror to see how I looked, because honestly I couldn't care less.

 XxX

Katie smiled and handed me my back pack which she organised for me. Katie was Peter's girlfriend they met at Princeton and now their engaged. Their wedding is all planned out and is in December. I love Katie shes always so understanding, I can actually trust her...and Peter.

 " Your brother told me you were upset that I'm driving you to school," She says.

I laugh, " You know thats not how I meant it. You of all people should understand why I'm a bit pissed my sister in law has to drive me to school, highschool," I say.

 She laughs at my comment. I eat my pancakes she made me, we didn't talk, it was a silent breakfast. A not awkward silence.

 I finished my breakfast, " C'mon Andy. We don't want to be late for your first day," Katie says breaking the silence.

" Yeah. We wouldn't want that." I say sarcatically as I leave my plate in the sink.

 I put on my coat leaving the buttons undone and follow Katie out the door.

 " Hey Katie aren't you gonna lock the door, I know your old but-" I started to say then saw a green KIA wrapped in a ribbon.

 " What were you saying Andy? Oh, forgot to tell you I can't drive you today. So why don't you take your new car and drive yourself to school?" Katie says chuckling.