Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Drew Matheson

After waking up early in the morning like always and getting dressed I made my way downstairs and mom was siting on the counter reading comics from the newspaper.

I chuckled, " Your such a kid."

" But I"m still your mom," She says not taking her eyes off the paper.

" Where's dad?" I ask as I lean against the counter and eat some toast from my mom's plate, " He's still with gran... She's not doing that well," She sighs and lifts her head up," Hey!"She yells snatching the toast from my hands.

" Well I don't see where my breakfast is," I tell her.

" Yeah. Sorry about that I had came late from the hospital yesterday and hardly had sleep and actually just woke up." She answers tiredly.

I kiss her cheek, " I think I"ll go visit her, and I'll get some breakfast from the Diner. I'll just stay with her until school starts in the afternoon, I'll catch a bus."

" That seems like a good idea," She tells me.

" Well better get going," I say picking up my things and heading towards the door.

" Have a good day Honey!" Mom yells from the kitchen.

" You to dear mother!" I chuckle back.

I open the gate and start walking down the sidewalk.

I pass Nick and Tristen's houses which were across the street, they were probably both still sleeping.

 **

While I was walking by the soccer field to get to the Diner, I saw a girl wearing a baggy gray pair of sweatpants and a red sweater.

I don't know why but my feet walked across the fresh summer grass and towards her and when I was able to see her face I blurted, " Andy?" And she looked up from her day dream, " What?" She snapped.

" Well lookie here, Drew Matheson, yay!" She teases.

I chuckle and look at her, I couldn't help, but I started to stare.

I noticed her features, her menacing eyes that say the've been thorugh a lot, the beautiful hair, her soft lips but yet wild look.

She stood up and picked up her backpack and skateboard and I shook my head to snap back to reality, " Back to Earth?" She asks and I laugh.

" You skateboard?" She nods, " But I just found this lying around so, I kinda took it," She says sounding guilty.

But suddenly she yelps, " What's wrong?" I snap clutching her arm for support.

" You see," She mumbles, " I-I- umm... Had a skateboard accident!"

" Oh." I say not convinced but don't push it any further.

" Hey so you know a breakfast play around here? A starbucks?" She asks ignoring what pain she had. 

" Yeah, I'm headed to a diner here, wanna come?" I ask her hoping for a yes.

She thinks, " Umm... What ever, I'm really hungry... But don't tell anyone about this." She says.

" Great let's go then," I smile.

She sighs," Yeah, sure but can you unclutch your arm off mine?"

I quickly do so and apologize and she laughs.

" Well lead the way," She said.

I smile and start walking, she follows limping.

" Are you sure your okay? I can hold your-" I start but she waves her hand signing she's fine.

Author's Note

Okay, so hopefully next chap will be up soon and it will be taken place at the diner and you'll have to wait and see what happens!

Thank you for reading! :P