5 more months

6 mouths later, Nate gets a phone call. "Hello?" He asked the unknown number. "Hello, is this Nate grand? This is nurse Kelly, I've been taking care of your friend?" Explained the Nurse. "Oh- y-yes, ms.Kelly, how is she is she gonna be okay?" He nervously asked the nurse. "This is the hardest part of a phone call..." She said and the call when silent. "Is she?" He could not finish his sentence, and he began to choke up. "She's alive mr. Grand but the doctor said that is, so far in our research, 64% likely that she won't survive." The call, once again, went to silence. "But there is a 36% chance she will survive." She continued, trying to brighten this dim call. "What Is the estimated time for her passing?" Asked Nate about to burst out crying." 5 months, if she lives past that, she will increase her chance for survival by apparently 24% but still not 100%, after then you'll have to watch her Heath." She explained. "Okay, can I see her?" He asked crying but trying not to sound like it. "Yes we might move her to a facility that allows all night stays for visitors." She answered with hope in her tone of speech. "Okay, can I see her now?" "Yes you may Mr. Grand." Silence once more. "I'm on my way." He said and ends the call, but so he doesn't do so in front of her. He began to have a brake down, after 8 minutes of crying he stud up in front of the mirror and took a deal breath. "I need to be strong for her, I just need to" he told himself, then he went to his car and drove there. Once he got there, Alex's nurse was waiting for him. Then brought him to her room, she was in a wheelchair and was getting her "get well soon" and "hope you get better" gifts packed up. She looked over to her nurse and Nate walking in the room. "NATE!!" She said excitedly. "Hey Alex!" I quickly walk over to her and hug her.

"OMG I've not seen you in forever! How are you Nate?" She asked Nate.

"I'm fine but how are you, are you feeling any better Alex?"

"No but I have not had any attacks recently. So that's good! I've really missed you, even with the nurses and my doctor, I still felt lonely, but they said my illness was so bad I can't have any visitors. So how is school, anything new I missed being here?"

"They all miss you, even popular kids talk about you, Jenna said "hi" by they way."

"Yay, Jenna? She's my bff! I miss her to... I miss everyone! I'm moving to a new place, they said visitors can stay multiple nights, are you? My mom is coming home and will be, she feels so dreadfully bad about not being here! But she needs to work so I understand."

"That's good, and yes, since it's close to school and I can drive there I'd be fine"

Yay, I won't be alone anymore!"

"Alex, your never alone, even when you think you are you're not, I'll always be here for you! I promise, until the very end."

"You mean 4 months?"

"Wait they told you-"

"Yes it is my life after all, I know what's gonna happen, so I'll be ready for the road ahead where ever that might be."

Nate hugs her again. "I'm gonna go pack up at home and I'll meet you there ok?"

"Ok, love you."

He hugs her one more time then waves good by ad he walks out of her room. Then exits the hospital. As he's on his way home he gets a call, this time a private number. He answered.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Nate is that you" says a woman whispering on the phone.

"Yes and who are you?"

"Lesson it's Kelly, don't ever bring this up with me, only when we ate completely alone ok?"

"Um, ok? What is it Kelly?"

There was a loud crash on the background.

"I'll have to tell you later someone's coming. Meet me at FaithWood Dr. At 11:30 pm ok?"

"Who's there? Is someone in here?" Says an ominous deep mans voice.

"Bye" the call ends.

"Is she ok? I hope she's not hurt. Was it about Alex? I need to find out, I guess I will, at 11:30." He thought as he drove home.