Chapter 45

(A/N: This chapter got deleted for some stupid reason, so this is me rewriting this. I'm mad if you couldn't tell. Let's hope the second time writing this doesn't go to hell. On with the story!)

I woke up the next morning with a slight hangover from the night before. I was actually surprised over how much alcohol I had consumed. Mark and I both got dressed and prepared ourselves for the night home. 

Mark thought it would be a good idea to take an Uber to the airport. We packed up our small amount of luggage into the car, and both of us sat in the back seat of the car. Luckily for us, the driver had no idea who we were, so we could enjoy a nice relaxing ride. 

Mark was talking to me like usual, as I listen I could only think about one thing; how am I going to tell Mark that Ali knows about Dark? Ali will most likely spread the word to other fans across the whole bi community. Then all of the drama will start and heaven knows we don't want that to happen. I think most people would be concerned for Mark's well being if they knew Dark was real. Everyone thinks he is a murderous beast who will stop at nothing to kill and destroy everyone. No one understands who he really is. Half the time, I don't even understand him, but it's not like I have a chance to anymore. 

I kept my mouth shut about Dark the whole car ride. It was only when we were waiting at the gate when the guilt started to pile on top of me more and more. I can't keep it a secret forever. The longer I wait, the more pissed Mark would get. The only option is to come clean about my mistake now. Hopefully he won't be too upset. 

"Hey, Mark." I spoke softly to him, half hoping that he wouldn't hear me. 

But, he did. His head turned to my direction from his previous state, which was looking down at his phone. "Yeah," He responded in a tired voice since we had to wake up early for the flight. 

I took a deep breath before coming clean, "You know that I went out with Ali last night to the bar? Well, I might of had a little too much to drink there. Eventually my mind was going crazy and I didn't know what I was doing," Each word that I spoke I became a little more emotional. I didn't want to fight with Mark over this. Who knows what that could spiral into. Yet, it was too much for me to ask for him to just be okay with it. 

"Woah, calm down. What happened?" Mark spoke with a reassuring voice. 

"I may have said some things that I shouldn't have." I looked down not wanting to face Mark. He looked at me with full curiosity wanting me to continue. "It was not my intention, but I accidentally told Ali about Dark, and the fact that he is not with us anymore." 

I almost had tears in my eyes waiting for Mark's reaction. It was seconds, but it felt like two straight minuets. He smiled and started to chuckle a little bit. I froze in my state. He found this funny? "That't what you are worked up about? You told Ali about Dark? You were drunk, she's not gonna believe you!"

"Yeah, but I told her like a million times that it was true. She has to believe me!" I said worriedly. 

Mark stayed super calm, "Look, (Y/N). We both know that we don't want this to come out to the public. Although, if she does spill it, there is a solution." Mark seemed to be proud of himself that he has a fix to the problem. "People trust me. If I just tell them that Dark isn't real, they will think Dark isn't real. Simple as that."

I wasn't too on board with Mark's problem as he was. "You're saying that you want to lie to your fans? I don't think that is right. People look up to you and if they found out that you betrayed them, they would not be happy." I thought about his idea more and more. If he was so quick to say that he was going to lie, has he done it before?

When I was a fan of his, I took everything he said as the truth. He was my role model. If he purposefully lied to me, I would be pissed. No question. 

"Have you lied to your fans before?" I questioned him more becoming a little more angry. 

Mark stuttered before he spoke, "I mean, you know I would only do it for the good of the community. I would never want to hurt anyone. Plus, I would do it because I care about you. I don't want to put the stress of you that all the drama surrounding the situation would. It's for your protection."

Each word he spoke I became more repulsed by him. He did lie to us intentionally! That bastard! "So you're saying you have lied to us before?" I wanted confirmation by him. 

"It's for the good of the community. You would do the same if you were in my shoes." That was the last straw for me. I blew up, yelling and screaming in his face about many philosophical things. At the same time, tears were forming. All in all, I was causing a big scene. Mark took it like it was no big deal. I suppose he has been in a few relationships like this before. 

I calmed myself, full on crying now. Damn you hormones. I hate you. In the beginning I thought Mark was going to be yelling at me, not the other way around. 

"I feel so much better now that you are gone forever." -Three Days Grace Gone Forever