Chapter 4:

Apparently, his name was Koujaku. His name wrung a few bells, as he was popular with the ladies. You can't go anywhere around here without hearing the name at least once every hour. From what I can see, the gossip was heavy when it came to him. Throughout this haircut, I've heard whispers and utters of rumors in the crowd.

One of them was a theory; saying that Koujaku wears a kimono because some of his body was heavily scared. My thoughts on the subject weren't that important. If anything, they were logical.

Did I believe the rumor? Sure. He's obviously a fighter, given he has a sword. Scars and wounds are bound to happen once in a while.

My eyes trailed to the girls standing closest. They were at the front of the line, due to people walking away.

I don't blame them for leaving. I've been here for what, an hour and a half? I'm surprised that the girls haven't left yet. They were either really angry, or super devoted.

"Are they...related to you or something," I giggled.

"Oh no, they're my regulars."

Just how many times do you need to cut your hair to become a 'regular'? Both of the girls' hair was professionally styled, but also short. Their faces fit the hairstyle, but for some reason I couldn't help but to ponder: did they get their hair done every other week, just to see this guy?

I hardly cut my hair at all. There's no real need to. One trim every year or so is plenty. Yes, that would mean that I cut my own hair. I'm pretty sure Koujaku realized that even before he began to snip away.

"Are you sure? I don't know if they want to kill me or rip the kimono off your back..."

At first I thought I offended him. I didn't mean to say it out loud after all. But then I started to hear him laugh. Soon, he was laughing so hard that he had to pause to hold his upper chest.

"What did you do to Koujaku-senpai," a girl waiting in line outraged.

She was the same one from before...

"I didn't do anything. He's laughing," I mutter.

My answer doesn't appear to be good enough. Both strangers are still glaring, despite how much of a fool they were making themselves out to be.

"Freak," the other girl snickered. "You better step off, bitch!"

Koujaku stopped laughing immediately. His face quickly changed from happy to a hard look within seconds.

"Such language is unbecoming of a lady. Please don't insult my customers, or I'll have to ask you to exit off the premises."

The women gasp. Like they can't believe their ears, they take a staggered step back.

"Oh no, we understand," they responded. "We're sorry Koujaku-san!"

His pleasant smile returns. Nodding a few times, he turns to carry on with my haircut.

Talk about taking something from 0 to 60... Those girls were ridiculous! What did they think I was doing? Putting a spell on him? Oh, please! I'm sure a guy like this already has a girlfriend. Albeit, it might be an open relationship. But I'd be surprised if he had no one.

"One more rinse and then you're good to go," Koujaku announces.

I smile at myself in the mirror. My haircut looked amazing! No longer frizzy or shabby looking, it was as if I were somebody completely different.

Although he followed my directions, I can see that he went a little off kilter. He gave me some bangs, and framed my hair around my face. He made sure to highlight and layer my hair, so that some of my natural color would become more visible. The light blue outlined my face like an accessory. Trust me when I say I'm not complaining. I couldn't be happier with the results.