Chapter 16:

It has to be around 12am by the time we reach Aoba's house. If I didn't leave Orio at my place, I would know the time for sure. Aside my AllMate's absence, things could have been worse.

For one, this mystery biker could have been a hitman. I make AllMates, which means I deal with Rib Teams. Anyone could want me dead, be as it may the police or a rivaling gang that has heard of my services. Then there was the chance of him truly being a kidnapper. He could have lied about knowing Aoba, taken me to a bar or hotel, given me a spiked drink, and then done...whatever with me. Human trafficking isn't uncommon. Forced prostitution isn't uncommon either. So why should rape be any different?

Being male doesn't exclude you from being 'wanted', as much as men like to think so. A thug and/or rapist will go after anything with a pretty face, no matter what gender. This is why people need to learn how to take care of themselves at a young age. I learned my lesson the tough way.

Trip and Virus saved me from being raped when I was 19 years old. Three guys had me half undressed in an alleyway. They fended off the attackers and fundamentally saved my life. Just another reason why we're close friends...

I hoped off the motorcycle first, immediately regretting my decision. Motion in general doesn't sit well with me, but this was different. Although I wasn't sick per-say, I needed to breathe out the symptoms. Such symptoms were mostly dizziness. I expect a sick stomach later, as always.

"Did you need to go 90 miles per hour? I get that nobody is on the road this time of night, but Jesus."

Instead of answering me, he heads into the house. It was like I was suddenly invisible.

I glance down at myself just in case. I am still in-tact. Or...I hope. Maybe being invisible only counts when others see you.

No, I'm being stupid.

I roll my eyes and lazily climb the porch steps. When I enter the house, I glance around for any sign of life. I see no one, much to my surprise. I can get upstairs if I keep quiet enough...

I walk forward, when suddenly something hits the back of my head.

"Ow!"

It's a shoe. My mistake. It appeared to be a slipper.

"You had us worried sick, stupid girl!"

I turn to see an unhappy, elderly, woman. She folds her arms across her chest, and frowns. The expression deepens her wrinkles, making her scarier than she should be. For an instant, I wondered if I should drop and get into the fetal position.

"Sorry, I didn't know that I needed to tell someone before I head home."

She points at me with a still-grumpy edge to her voice. It reminds me of a growl.

"This is your home until we get this sorted out! We can't have you walking around with Toue looking for another source of power. Your influence can make you his new weapon."

That reminds me. How do I know that this 'Toue' guy is searching for me? Does he even know that I exist? What proof do they have that I'm being chased? They're just going off assumptions!

"How am I supposed to know when you guys don't tell me anything?" I spot Aoba who had just entered the room. Without meaning to, I suddenly direct my words towards him. "You go out all day, disappear for hours, and then come back like nothing. You don't tell me anything, or if we're one step closer to solving this issue. It's like you people think I'm fine with being a sitting duck!"

He slightly flinches at a few of my words, but seems to understand what I mean. I can tell from him avoiding my eyes and face.

I assume Clear, Koujaku, and Noiz aren't here because I haven't seen them yet. So I don't know how they 'feel' when it comes to my opinion. The stranger from before, though... He's just staring at me. He hardly blinks or shows any signs of life. Sure, he's listening. But he doesn't look fazed by anything that comes from my mouth!

"We don't want to leave you out of what's happening," Aoba finally says. "We're just not sure if you're ready to hear it..."

I arch an eyebrow and raise my chin. Giving him a look like this, I have a feeling he's beginning to realize his error.

"I've been ready since you first laid this shit-load on me. Go ahead. I want to hear everything."