Chapter 11:

Mistress, a voice echoes. I don't answer it. I continue to lay where I was, too tired to do anything else. Mistress, it calls again. This time it's less distant. It's like the voice was getting closer.

My eyes slowly open. An outline of a person hangs over me like a cloud. I could make out a gas mask, and knew who it was almost immediately.

"Clear," my hoarse voice addresses.

"Yes, Mistress. I arrived as quickly as I could." He places a gentle gloved hand at the side of my face. He uses his thumb to move hair out of the way. "Mistress... Why are you laying here? Are you hurt?"

I shook my head no. I attempt to stand up, but soon find out I have no strength in my legs. My limbs feel heavy, like they turned into weights.

"I can't get up," I say.

Clear shifts something that was over his shoulder. I squint my eyes to get a better look, and recognize him just from the clothes he wore. It was my Rhyme opponent.

"Noiz-san is sleeping. I am going to carry you now, Mistress."

I assume that's his name: Noiz. Along with this, I also presume that they know each other. Why else would Clear bother? Unless, he was unnecessarily generous... If my thoughts are correct, then he's a special case.

Shifting the boy on his shoulder, Clear gently picked me up. But unlike slugging me over his other shoulder, he held me civilly with one arm. One...arm.

God I needed to fix how skinny I was. I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it again. I can't walk around looking like a sack of bones. You can't see my ribcage if I lift my arms or anything, but it can't be any more obvious that I'm underweight.

My head turned to the boy Clear was carrying. After studying his face, I could make out more details.

He was a tall, slender man. Strawberry blonde hair poked out of his hat, and his skin was quite pale. I also took notice of how many piercings he had, and the bandages wrapped around both of his hands. To be honest, it made me wonder if he was a delinquent or not. If so, then that explains what I learned about him in Rhyme- no to mention the bandages and piercings. Those were a given.

I couldn't really see much of his outfit. Though I can tell he had a few layers to his clothes: a dark navy and white collared shirt, with a long sleeved black undershirt, and a green tie that was currently untucked. From here I could see various accessories with a Usagimodoki pattern imprinted on them, such as his belt and his hat. Speaking of hat; it had a woolen underlayer, a rabbit pattern, and one smiley face pin. The pin itself stuck out like a sore thumb, in size and design- made to have sharp teeth and blood bellow its smiling mouth.

What a character...

"You know this guy?"

Clear hums to acknowledge my sudden question. "Yes. Noiz-san helped us in Oval Tower."

Wow. I meet Aoba, and BOOM. I'm destined to meet the rest of the Oval Tower survivors before the week is out. Aren't I just a lucky gal? Maybe by the end of this, I can get autographs too.

I let my head lower to Clear's shoulder. A wary sigh escapes my mouth.

"I came here to escape that depressing crap, and what do I do? I run into someone who was involved in that depressing crap."

Glancing down, I realize that Orio was latched onto Clear's left leg. He looks up at me, and blinks. I suppose this was his way of letting me know he was okay?

Ugh... How am I going to forgive myself? I know that Rhyme can hurt my AllMate, so what do I do? I play Rhyme. It's my fault that he could have gotten hurt.

"What time is it," I ask.

"5:12am," Orio promptly replies.

Tired. Why was I so tired? Could it be the result of what happened?

...What exactly DID happen? I remember bits and pieces. After Orio was hurt, I got angry. Then I did something. I recall bright flashes of pink and purple. I think I remember attacking that guy 'Noiz' too. But after that- nothing. My mind draws a blank.

"Mistress, you should rest," Clear says. "I will take you to Aoba-san."

See? Even he can tell how exhausted I am.

Perhaps taking a nap wouldn't be such a bad thing. I mean, I don't want to look like I just waltzed in the middle of a Rib fight when we get back to Aoba's house. His friend, Koujaku, is probably still there. I will be surprised if he isn't. Let's not fail to mention the scolding I'm in for when Tae has me in her sights. I've already begun to formulate my 4 part apology.

My eyes fall shut, and a comfortable breath exits through my nose. I take in the scent of Clear's hair, and am surprised to detect shampoo. After all, I was told that he was a robot. Logically, I thought that robots couldn't shower.

Hum... The more you know, I guess.