Shelter Me

I drive on by, continuing on my way to Eric's house. It isn't too far from Tom and I's place, only about 10 to 15 minutes. I drown myself in loud music emitting from the small radio in the center of my dash. Soon, I reach Eric's house. I pull into the driveway, remembering what the inside of the house looks like. He lives in a small house similar to Tom and I's. One floor, 2 bedrooms, a large living room, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a small laundry room just inside the door leading to the 2 car garage. As I pull the keys from the ignition, Eric must have been eagerly awaiting my arrival, as he is just opening the front screen door, stepping out onto his small porch. I pop the door and step out, bag in hand.

"Hey there." He walks up to me, smiles, and kisses me.

"Hey." I smile back.

"I'll take that inside for you, my fair lady." He grins and takes my bag, leading me into his house. He sets my bag down on the armchair in the living room.

"So, any big plans tonight?" I ask.

"Ehh, I figured we'd just hang here if that's okay with you."

"More than fine." I pause for a moment. "Man, something smells really good."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I made dinner for us too. Hope you like Chinese. I didn't want to get take out so I figured I would just cook."

"Absolutely! It smells great. Oh hey, can I use the phone real quick? Tom wanted me to call once I got here."

"Sure, its right over there, honey." He motions to the white corded phone hanging on the wall by the open entrance to the kitchen. I pick up the phone and dial the number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tom, it's me. I made it here so we're all good to go."

"Alright, you have fun, Donna."

"Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright see ya." I hang up the phone and Eric motions me into the kitchen.

"Shall we?"

"Yeah I say we should."

Eric being the gentleman he is, pulls the chair out for me and brings plates full of steaming stir fry for each of us. He sits down and smiles.

"This looks wonderful, babe."

"Thanks, I just try my best." He grins.

We eat quietly and slowly, just enjoying our time together. Once we're done I help Eric clean up and then we go snuggle up on the couch in his living room.

"You know I did bring some tapes if you wanna watch something."

"Oh you did, huh?" He smiles. "Well, whatcha got? I bet you ten bucks you brang The Terminator."

"Damn it! Of course you knew!" I laugh and shove a crumpled $10 bill in his hand.

"Well I was actually just kidding, but thanks!" He smirks.

"Of course you were." I roll my eyes and push the tape into the VCR. I rewind it all the way to the beginning since I hadn't done that the last time I watched it.

"I do love this movie though," he says as I curl up next to him.

"Me too. Who's your favorite character? Other than the terminator himself..."

"Man you took it, I was gonna say the terminator but other than that I would have to say Kyle."

"Mine too! Of course my top favorite is the terminator but Kyle is my favorite besides him."