Winds Of Change

A/N:

Hello, hello!

I know it's been what? 3 years since I've updated this story? My sincerest apologies, everyone. College got in the way, to say the least. However, I recently graduated, so other than hunting for a job, sewing for my small business, waiting on my teaching licensure to process, and planning to potentially move across the country in a year or two, I have plenty of time on my hands.

I was talking to my dear friend Marissa about this story the other day, and she recalled how much she loved this one, and how she wished I'd write more. I decided that I'd give it some more attention now, especially since I feel my love for Cinderella has grown again. Their music--and my love for Eric--really helped me through some serious shit over the last 4 years that I spent in college. I faced a lot of terrible things, and honestly, it's a surprise I made it out of any of it alive. Regardless of the circumstances, it's so good to be back into Cinderella though, that's for sure!

In the time since I've last written here, I've written and self-published two full-length original science fiction novels, and I'm hard at work on my third. That being said, I've grown a lot as a writer, especially thanks to my Bachelor's program! I studied Secondary Education and English, so I took numerous creative writing and literature classes in college that have immensely helped me to become a better writer. I was also informed by a professor that I have incredible world-building skills, so I hope that shines through in this story, especially now that I'm better equipped to continue writing it! I honestly cringe at some of the things I wrote through high school--most of this story included. I went back through the chapters of this story before I began this chapter, and I corrected more grammatical errors than I can count. However, I didn't do any heavy revision, given that if this story was placed into the same format for my paperback books, it would already be 254 pages, and that would be a ton to rewrite. That being said, I feel my style has drastically changed--and improved--in the 3 years since I've updated this fan-fiction, so don't be alarmed if this chapter has a different feel to it than most of the older stuff I've written. I hope you all enjoy, and I'm so happy to be back to writing for you all!

Also, as of the third week I've been working on this chapter comes to pass, our dearest Jeff has left this broken world. I know I'm not alone in mourning his loss, but it's been hitting me really hard. I hope that even this chapter--though pretty unrelated to Jeff himself--honors him in a small way. I love Cinderella and all the guys with all of my heart, and this is one of the most painful blows I've ever endured, and I've endured many in my lifetime. I just hope that he is at peace and is in a better place now. My condolences go out to his family, friends, the other guys in Cinderella, and all of the fellow fans like me out there. I know this is a hard thing to go through, but I hope my story can help anyone grieving his loss as seriously as I am. Take care, guys, and enjoy this chapter!

P.S. Adult content ahead--though I tried to keep it PG13, haha. Enjoy, you guys.

-Victoria

---------------

"God, it's beautiful here." Eric smiles at the sparkling ocean view out of the window.

"It really is." I grin back, pushing a strand of blonde hair away from his eyes. "You chose the location well, my dear."

"Thanks." He smiles wider.

"So, what do you want to do first?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

Eric drops his hands on his hips. "Hm." He chews his lip. "You know... I don't know. There's so much to do that I don't even know where to begin... Maybe we go sit by the water a while? Have a drink or two?"