(35)My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 35

"Damien..." I whisper. How did he find me? I feel him slide his arms around me. I relax. So what if he's a vampire slayer? He hasn't killed me so far. My heart flutters.

"Carly. God, you don't know how sorry I am," his voice is soft and comforting. I've missed his voice so much. I've missed him so much.

"Don't I?"

He sighs. I turn around and look at him. His green eyes are filled with sadness. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest. There's a full moon tonight. I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. Oh how could I never notice how great Damien is. But still, I feel a connection with Tyler. Kat is sweet and I adore his accent but... It's just too complicated. I clear my mind and focus on Damien, "Whatever Melanie told you wasn't true."

"I think that I've realized that," I smile. He laughs. I breath in slowly. "Damien?"

"Yes?"

"I think I love you. And I absolutely mean it this time."

"Same here," he laughs again, "but I have always meant it."

"You realize we can't be together."

He knows it's true. We can't. It's even worse now that I'm royalty, "Let's not think about that right now."

I know how he felt when he saw me kiss Tyler. It feels like your heart is ripped out of your chest and you can't breath anymore, and all you want is to be with them so badly that it hurts. Seeing Tyler kiss that girl... ha I bet he never loved me, "Stupid shifters." I mutter.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh nothing. Did you know I was royalty Damien?"

"No. But there was always something different about you. I mean apart from being a vampire."

"You didn't know about Stella."

"Stella?"

He doesn't know. This is weird. They're the ones who kidnapped her, too. I look at him, a confused expression on my face.

"You mean the little vamp princess that was kidnapped?"

I nod, "By slayers Damien. Slayers." How could he not know about this. It makes no sense. Nothing makes sense these days. Tears come to my eyes, "they could have killed her. Killed my sister."

"I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"Well.... I've never actually killed a vampire before."

"What?!"

"Yeah. I couldn't bring myself to do it. You guys are people too."

"You know what? That makes me love you even more," I say as Damien leans down to kiss me.