(11) My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 11:

"You know where he is?" I ask excitedly.

"...yes."

"Well then let's go find him!"

"One little problem. Our boss kidnapped him."

"So?"

"For telling you his secret, and worst of all he's in love with a vampire."

He still loves me? My heart pounds. I need to find Damien. Soon.

"Ok," Kyle continues, "I've got a plan. Boss will never know you're a vampire. You just have to play it cool. When you get there, you tell him you want to become one of us. Vampire slayer. I know it's sorta like betraying your kind, but if you want D back you need to do it."

"Ok. Give me the address."

***

I arrive at the house. It took three hours to drive here. Well worth it if Damien was actually here. I take a deep breath and walk up to the door. I'm wearing all black, with my hair braided down my back. Kyle better be right, the boss better not recognize me as a vampire. My heart beats fast as I knock on the door. I think I have feelings for Damien. A tall man opens the door, "You who Kyle said would be comin' by?"

I nod my head. He gestures for me to walk in. I do and gulp. There are weapons lining every wall. They sure are vampire hunters, "'Kay, why you wanna be a hunter?"

"The leeches killed my parents."

"I see. You look strong. Boss'll like you. Make yourself at home."

The man says I can explore the house, so I do. In search of Damien. I enter the family room. I gasp and throw my hands up to my mouth. Damien doesn't look like he's in danger. He looks comfortable, and at home. He is kissing another girl. He looks up, eyes wide, "Carly..."

I bolt from the door, tears streaming down my face. I get in my car and drive away.