Chapter 37 (Finale Part 1!)

Chapter 37

I wake up to pounding on my door. Gemma who decided to stay in my room looks at me, clearly startled. I rush to the door quickly still in my pajamas. Tyler's at the door his face red. I glare at him and start to close the door, but he holds it open, "Go away you dirty cheater."

"Carly...please," he pleads. I can tell he's not faking it.

"What?" I question. What's this all about? Gemma rushes over, worry drawn on her face.

"What's wrong?" she asks. I shrug.

"It's Damien."

"What about Damien?" I yell.

"He- he's dead," Tyler says.

"No... he can't be. You're lying. He's disappeared so many times. He always came back! Tyler!" A police officer walks over to us, and tears build up in my eyes. "Oh my god. You're not lying. How could...? Oh my god! Damien!"

Gemma holds my arm as I break down and fall onto my knees. I just saw him a couple hours ago. Josh enters the room with Stella. When I look up at him he looks so disappointed in me. Like how could I fall in love with one of our kinds biggest threat. I feel queasy and sprint into the bathroom. I lock the door and lie down. I don't care if the tile is cold and hard. I just lie there sobbing until Gemma comes in. Or I let her in. I don't remember. I can't believe, won't believe that Damien is dead. Just last night we were joking about 'Sonny With a Chance' a stupid T.V. show. I swallow, and put my head down. This can not be happening to me. Time moves slowly. I sit in the bathroom for years until Gemma convinces me to come out.

Josh still looks like he wants to kill me. Stella sits silently on his lap, and doesn't move. The 'queen' or rather the person who became queen after my mother died sits on the sofa. Dang, she looks like my mom. Her eyes look as if she's been crying. She stands up. "Caraline, I'm your Aunt Jenelle."

I nod. This isn't exactly how I'd wish to look meeting the queen, but I guess I don't get a say, now do I? I gulp and look her in the eyes, "Caraline, we know you're grieving, but what you did was very wrong."

"What did I even do? And how would you know if I did what I don't know I did?" I see Tyler smiling as I make a face because I don't understand what I just said.

"You were seeing this Damien boy. Were you not?"

"Uh..."

"You don't deny it," she shifts in her seat. I fold my arms over my chest, "Caraline. Did you know what he was."

"Yes," the room becomes more silent than I thought possible. Josh shakes his head, "he was a vampire slayer." Was.

I grit my teeth, never breaking eye contact with my Aunt. I like Aunt Ginger better, "We are not permitted to punish you seeing as you are royalty."

"I think I've been punished enough." I realize that Kat has been in the room this whole time, "don't you think. My best friend is dead."

Kat steps forward, "Wait, best friend? I thought he was your boyfriend."

"No! God, even ask Tyler. Well, he's probably turned on me now too, so don't ask Tyler," Everybody stares at me, "Whatever. I'm out. I walk out of the room, still in my pajamas.

"Wait!" I stop walking and turn around slowly....

***

Tyler-

"You don't deny it," Queen Jenelle questions Carly. I stand still in the back, never take my eyes off her. Her mouth is set in a straight line. "Caraline. Did you know what he was."