(27)My best friend is a vampire slayer...Did I mention I'm a vampire?

Chapter 27:

Damien

I lie on my bed facedown. I hate myself for not answering the phone. She hasn't called back since. I tried calling her. No answer.

Carly

I sing and dance along to the song "Waking up in Vegas" by Katy Perry in my room. Aunt Ginger yells at me to shut up. Not in those words of course it was more "quiet down". I don't. She doesn't bother me again. I'm ecstatic that my brother is back. I honestly thought he was dead; he was right we can't die. Except for the slayers. Stupid slayers. Stupid Damien. I clear my mind and keep singing along to my iPod. I've memorized every song by Owl City, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry.

The only thing missing in my life- my heart aches. My parents are gone, Damien is gone. He won't answer my calls. Seriously I have got to stop doing this. One minute I'm happy the next I'm depressed again. I can't believe my life. Tyler calls me, I tell him I'm tired and go to bed. It's all Damien. I'm all fine, then he comes along, kisses that Melanie girl. The slayer. I hate her. What if he meant to kiss her, wanted to kiss her. I need to know. I grab the keys to my aunt's car and drive to his house.

***

I arrive at Damien and Kyle's house and take a deep breath. I walk up the steps, and knock on the door. I play with the fringe on my scarf. Melanie answers the door.