Bedtime - Samsay

Lindsay's POV

I put Hallie to bed a few hours ago so Sam and I were catching up on TV. Having a one year old can really throw off your TV schedule. Then I thought I heard Hallie whimpering and saying Momma and Dada through the baby monitor. "Wait Sam mute the TV." I tell him and he does as as I say while I listen carefully. "Momma? Dada?" Hallie says. Sam and I hop up from the recliner we were cuddling in and went upstairs to the nursery.

Once we got up there Hallie was standing up in her crib crying. "What's wrong baby?" I ask picking her up. "Tummy." She whimpers. I was confused at first and then I realized that her stomach hurt and she didn't feel good. "Do you want to snuggle with Momma and Dada?" I question. She just nods her head.

We all go back downstairs and snuggle in the big recliner. I put my hand up to Hallie's forehead to see if she had a fever and she definitely did. "She has a fever." I tell Sam. "My poor little Hallie-bug." Sam says kissing her forehead. Suddenly Hallie's head pops up. "Momma George." She says referring to her stuffed penguin. "It's ok baby I'm sure Daddy will go get George for you." I tell her. Sam disappears and then comes back with George in hand. "Here you go Hals." Sam says handing her her penguin.

Hallie was breathing extremely hard on my chest and was still really warm. I was pretty concerned. I decided since she was so warm I would take off her footie pajamas and just let her stay in her diaper. After I did that she felt a little bit cooler. About five minutes after I took her out of her pajamas she was throwing up. I put my hands to her mouth and tried to catch as much as I could. "Sam get the trash can." I yell. He immediately gets up and grabs the trash can. He puts it up to Hallie's mouth and I empty my hands. "Momma." She cries. I rub her back as she continues to cry. "It's ok baby girl. Shh shh." I say.

Hallie threw up two more times and just didn't feel good. I pretty much smelled like puke and so did Sam. Hallie was crying and we were doing our best to calm her down. "Get her a little water. Not much." I tell Sam. He does as I say and gives the bottle to Hallie. She slowly drinks the water and not long after she was almost asleep. I gently kiss her forehead and rock her lightly.

 I gently kiss her forehead and rock her lightly